Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica leaves one of 3 sub 45sec quarter milers off

By Robert Taylor, Special to TrackAlerts.Com

Am I seeing right or have the JAAA selectors outdone themselves? What is it with the men’s 4x400m? In 2007, the team was sacrificed because persons believed that an injured Sanjay Ayre should run.
    Ayre received the baton in medal position but struggled to finish outside of the podium. Fast forward to 2012, an obviously injured Jermaine Gonzales was put in the heats of the men’s 4x400m relay team, and of course, he could not finish the race. Funny that everyone in Jamaica knew he was badly injured but his coach. Now instead of entering an injured athlete the Jamaican selectors are leaving one of their three sub 45 quarter miler at home. This makes no sense to anyone who follows athletics.
    The athlete, Ricardo Chambers has been consistently running better than at the very least, three quarter milers who were selected ahead of him. I do not know, neither can I say if he was not selected because of the tweet he sent out about the coach at Pan Am Games and starting on the 4x400m relay team when he did not run the flat 400m. If so be the case, this is as petty as it gets. I would hope the diluting of the Jamaica National Team is not because of petty vindictiveness. The petty vindictive argument is all speculation on my side. Nevertheless, how can the JAAA selectors leave one of their top quarter milers off the team? Is he injured? If he is, then that would be an acceptable reason. Other than injury what else could be a valid reason? If it were punishment for an infraction then where are the rules, guidelines and protocol to cover infractions?
    http://www.trackalerts.com/Articles/...ip-team/14326/
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

I was waiting for the controversy....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
    X