No announcement yet.

St. Thomas Obeah man to the Werl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to mention that they have screwed up something like 7 out of the last 13 times so it was not much of a risky bet!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Anyone, what made the difference between this 4x100 and the one in Bahamas earlier this year? We ran a marginally quicker time than they did to win in Bahamas, 37.36 today to their 37.38 then. Then we ran 37.68. Any explanations? Other than a fitter Bolt, any other factors?
      Peter R

Comment

Mosiah buy favourite .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Well Asafa, running like he can and did today, was much faster than Bailey Cole was in the Bahamas. Gatlin blew him away at World Relays.

This team was much faster, considering that two of the three baton changes were quite bad and yet the US was barely ahead after 3 legs. If Jamaica had the clean baton changes made in the heats they would have been in World Record territory.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Thanks... I was trying to remember the quartet back then... Asafa really blazed down the back stretch this time. Yes, the change between Ashmeade and Bolt was not that smooth, took half a second longer than it should have.. thanks for the information again.
            Peter R

Comment

Rudi....

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
              Yes you did. I guess we found out who di real historian is. I know you won't let it go to your head though.
              Rudi, don’t allow wild talk to influence you! The USA had a powerful team, as I expected. My question, therefore, is this: How can one intelligently make predictions based on the hope that a team (in this case the USA) would screw up???

For a better discussion of today’s relays, I think we should turn our attention to a team which did not need a Usain Bolt-type figure to depend on. In other words, a discussion of the women’s 4x100-meter relay in which EVERY one of those four Jamaican women played an equally awesome part and came out with a championships record and the second fastest time in history!.

Comment

LOL! A weak!

It's called "intangibles", Historian. Ask Stoni bout it. Don't badmind mi if yuh cyaan pree dem ting dem. Don't hate, congratulate!

Wooiiee, mi 6th sense!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

A dat Hissy need to see. The Americans would at best have had a tiny lead, nothing the fastest human ever could not overhaul.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yet Hissy thinks factoring that fact into the prediction makes no sense.

If yuh go by Hissy's logic, we all would have bet nuff money on Asafa medaling! Huh?!

Note to self: delete Hissy from Caymanas Fun Day.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Me? Or Hissy?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Islandman....

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                        Not to mention that they have screwed up something like 7 out of the last 13 times so it was not much of a risky bet!
                        I’man, you too???

For the record, the USA women screwed up their baton exchanges a great deal as well, and we can see this in the fact that the first time in IAAF World Championships history that a USA 4x100-meter women’s team crossed the finish line BEHIND the Jamaicans was recently in 2013 at the IAAF World Championships in Moscow! (We cannot include the 2004 Olympics, as the USA did not finish that race after the botched exchange between Marion Jones and Lauryn Williams.)

But, despite their many screw-ups, the USA women got things right at the 2012 London Olympics when they obliterated the world record in their victory! So, when they get it right, they sometimes do so in a major way!

Regarding the men, we all know that Jamaica has consistently beaten the USA since the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games (including crossing the finish line ahead of them for the FIRST time at the 2012 London Olympics).

My point is that we cannot make predictions based on our hopes for failure of an opposing team. As poster Sickko said several years ago, track and field success goes in cycles. So, let’s enjoy these blessed years while they last.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                          My point is that we cannot make predictions based on our hopes for failure of an opposing team. As poster Sickko said several years ago, track and field success goes in cycles. So, let’s enjoy these blessed years while they last.
                          With all due respect - nonsense!

You can make predictions based on past behaviour.

How much money did you have on Asafa medaling?

Kmt

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Historian,the impressive times given by our makeshift relay teams(both men and women)are incicators of a possible seamless transition..
                            When I was a lickle bwoy in grade one,I made the track team for St. Fracis All Age,I came dead last in the race.
                            Today,youngsters of all ages are trying to emulate Bolt,the pool is much deeper now.

Comment

A wha di rahtid a gwaan. So much Mandingo and fast twitch muscle and China a come second?

What really a gwaan, not even talk bout the Gold and silver from the Netherland to neck back.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Him a beg friend. Different scenario. Without the DQ or baton foul up we were on course to win. If a guy a guh tek out bolt outta di equation, why di same guy nuh tek out Gatlin tuh!??

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                                X