I am totally fine with that run by Francis, he went

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am totally fine with that run by Francis, he went

for the win because it meant everything and paid the price with losing the bronze. I can live with that, love the heart and courage shown.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

You don't think that if he'd waited thirty metres before he made that burst it could have been different? But I love the effort and they made me (us) proud anyway!
    Peter R

Comment

Certainly would have medalled, but unlikely he would have won making a run that late. He needed to do something superhuman and he tried.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Naw, lack of experience, he will learn from this.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Chambers leg killed it for me!! we should have handed off within 3-5 meters to javon and let him try but ten meters plus was impossible.

Comment

Nothing to do with experience here. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Comment

Yep, I agree

Comment

No, most sports you go all out in the end. He didn't have to pass the US & T&T. He could have paced himself directly behind them.
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I just posted the same thing I-Man. That is the attitude I want from our athletes

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Don't think so. He could not afford to let them get away .... Tucking in would have been more draining over 250 metres and take the edge from the kick. I believe he had to go out hard to have a shot at the gold. There is something speci there

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                    X