Bravo's band changing rules of international game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bravo's band changing rules of international game

In Oliver Stone's biopic, a bewildered Richard Nixon wonders at the circumstances that brought about his resignation via Watergate. "Things won't be the same after this," he tells Henry Kissinger. "I played by the rules, but the rules changed, right in the middle of the game."

At the World Twenty20, England, India, Australia and New Zealand played by the rules entering the tournament, but teams mixing Test men and T20 experts all fell short of a West Indian collective with only two modestly performing Test players and a majority long finished with the game, if they ever made it there in the first place. A turning tide had been evident for nearly six months.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/995415.html
    Peter R

Cease and Settle

Former Prime Minister Owen Arthur today called for a “moratorium on controversy” in West Indies cricket, while stating that he was not only bowled over by recent comments made by the President of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) Dave Cameron and the region’s T20 skipper Darren Sammy, but also by the persistent demands by some of his former prime ministerial colleagues for the disbandment of the WICB.
    http://www.barbadostoday.bb/2016/04/...se-and-settle/
    Peter R

Comment

I fully endorse Mr Arthur's observations and opinion

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Well reasoned comments by Mr Arthur. These are truly unprecedented times in WI cricket.

Apart from the WICB and all the associated issues, I am at a loss to figure out how the WIPA will continue to be relevant if the leading players want no part of it. How can they negotiate on their behalf? Then you have Marlon Samuels saying he will be available to play for JA again now that WIPA reps Wavell Hinds and Wayne Lewis are not involved in selection.

Something will have to give one way or the other. With the players having won the T20 World Cup they now have the upper hand in shaping the future.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

It's gone from WIPA taking WICB to court to WIPA and the WICB being on the same page and in both instances the players were unhappy .... What's going I here?!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
          X