Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir Curtly Ambrose - Tweaks needed

Tweaks needed for eligibility rule
    ST JOHN’S, Antigua (CMC) — Legendary former pacer Sir Curtly Ambrose says tweaks need to be made to the controversial eligibility rule in order to have the best players available for West Indies duty.

Sir Curtly, who currently serves as a West Indies team bowling consultant, said while he appreciated the objective of the rule, the overall focus should be on ensuring the region always fields its best XI.

“I still believe that there are a few guys out there who I believe can play the ODIs and the Test cricket, but there is a criteria that you have to play the first-class cricket here in the region to be selected or eligible for Test cricket, and you have to also play the regional one-day tournament to play for the ODI [team],” the Observer newspaper quoted Sir Curtly as saying on a sports radio show here.
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...-Ambrose_57902
    Peter R

If players have to choose between "eat a food" (chicken back and plain rice) and "EAT A FOOD" (chicken breast/leg and thigh, rice and peas, plantain, salad ) which one dem goin choose?

The Board needs to recognise the dilemma and address it. With the "stars" playing outside the region, room is open for other players to get a chance to show their thing; the downside is they are not batting nor bowling against the best we have, and so there may be a distorted image of their readiness for the next step. A real dilemma.

My thing though, is if all you do is play T20, how do you expect to get picked for the Test team? At a stretch, I would say you could/should still be able to make a ODI side, but test? I don't think so.
    Peter R

Comment

See the synopsis by "Imusic", 7th post when you scroll down. The subsequent (as do the previous) posts give some idea of what's going on, or, at least opinions on the "impasse".

http://caribbeancricket.com/topic/1120220/5
      Peter R

Comment

Working...
      X