No announcement yet.

Look like smaddy get bite from Beijing 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said so at the time,i said it was harsh,set a dangerous precedent.After our big succes in Beijing and the fools wanted to impress and fall in line with WADA when every other Org was given out sanctions and warning for stimulants,we in our Backra Master mentality wrecked this young girl career to prove what?

Fast forward 8 years later,Tyson gets caught with the hard stuff,he gets time served of a one year suspension and we get a black eye.

Man can fool but we can't suh fool! Right Dr Paul Wright
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      "Jamaican 400-metre runner Dominique Blake was recently banned for six years. The Jamaica Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel handed down the penalty after Blake tested positive for the banned stimulant methylhexaneamine at last year's Olympic trials. It was her second offence."

This was such a travesty and an injustice done to this young girl.

Remember Yohan Blake, Marvin Anderson, Allodin Fothergill and Lansford Spence (Brooks escaped.)

All five athletes tested positive for methylxanthine at Jamaica's championships which ran from 26-28 June, but were initially cleared by a disciplinary panel on the basis the substance was not on the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) banned list.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/8240046.stm
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Please read the " I found this piece" then comment.

Thanks!
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          If so, it would mean the 4x100 gold medal would be taken away , correct?
          ...and the then Olympic and World Record erased!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

When was the Olympic World Record set ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
              When was the Olympic World Record set ?
              That one was 2008!
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KIlkrVZb-g
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                2012 Olympic 4 x 1 record....Yes, we set the record in 2008 but we set a new on in 2012...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwLDpcye-VM
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Why do you do that?!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                    Please read the " I found this piece" then comment.

Thanks!

Yes, I read it then and I read it again last week. Did you realize that they may not be saying the same thing?

It states;

"Methylhexanamine is the same substance for which Yohan Blake, Marvin Anderson, Lansford Spence, Allodin Fothergill and Sheri-Ann Brooks returned positive tests in 2009.

Back then, methylhexaneamine was not on the WADA Prohibited List of banned substances. It was put on the following year"

The one I posted states;

All five athletes tested positive for methylxanthine at Jamaica's championships which ran from 26-28 June, but were initially cleared by a disciplinary panel on the basis the substance was not on the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) banned list.

Which one did they really test positive for?

Is Methylxanthine different from Methylhexaneamine? ( I don't know.)

Here is the kicker;

Dimethylamylamine is in the 2008 list and Peter's colleague who is also a Ph.d says that methylhexaneamine and Methylhexaneamine are the same substance.

also check this out
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylhexanamine

Let's hope that if he tested for a stimulant then he got it from natural food.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      Why do you do that?!
                      I did not realize you did not know that once you set a legal World Record (period) or record at the Olympics or World Championships it is forever in the record books. If later that record is surpassed...you record is still touted as the World Record at that time.

If it is later ruled that the record was 'tainted' and ruled set illegally that record is expunged.

NB: The above is not saying that 2008 record was expunged. I do not have the information that it has been addressed by the relevant authorities as being illegally set.

Comment

Working...
                      X