Yohan Blake looked horrible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yohan Blake looked horrible

I think he's still suffering mentally from his injury. I'm worried for our 4x100 after seeing him and Ashmeade. They both looked horrible.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
    I think he's still suffering mentally from his injury. I'm worried for our 4x100 after seeing him and Ashmeade. They both looked horrible.
    I am beginning to doubt the 4X1 relay. They looked terrible. Blake is not even 70%

Comment

Interesting that the two most muscular sprinters looked the worst. Ashmead looked bad and Blake look like hr has lost his speed. Didn't have it down the stretch.

Comment

I think with Blake it is conditioning. Hard to run all those rounds.

I think in a one off race he could run with them
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yep ,Blake need races to up his form.He just came back from injury and the national trails was basically his prep work.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Respek to YB for valiant efforts in the bills and the deuce. You'll be back full hundred

Gold medal time in the 4 X 1
            Last edited by Don1; August 17, 2016, 10:21 PM.
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Sure hope so.

Comment

Give Yohan all his props. A miracle he he still running.
                He will do a better 4x1 leg than even his 9.94 in the 100 finals.

...and yes, he is still working his way back. That injury he had...or better put, I heard he suffered was a career ending type injury. When I heard of it I thought it was curtains for his career. We should win the 4x1. We just need to get the baton around. Asafa will run as fast as Usain...the third man will drop 9.9+ flat speed...i.e. should run a leg in the 8.9 range. We are good to go!

Yohan's current form should not surprise anyone who followed him over the last 2 years.
                Last edited by Karl; August 19, 2016, 06:35 AM.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                  Sure hope so.
                  Yankee dem nuh ave nuhbaddy special...Plus even if dem start lead dem most likely agguh feel pressure...an' crumble...as usual
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Gatling bawl and hold him ankle already
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Blake looked better in the Jamaica Trials easing up to a 20.29. He looked more laboured in these semis. 20.29 would not have have been close to qualifying. Hopefully, with the alternates running the qualifying round, we will represent in the 4x1 finals. I am backing YB for a strong leg. Agreed it is great to see YB running again. I am amazed that he has returned after injury.

Comment

Bromell have achilles injury too and Bracy not in form.

China and Canada are bigger worries.

RSA may drop in WVN with their 100m finalist Simbine, but which other 2 legs. I dont see the lanky 200m runner this year, Jobodwana, doing anything with a 20.53 clocking in Rio.

Comment

But in the time that has elapsed since the Jamaican pair dominated in Stratford, Blake's progress has been dramatically curtailed by two significant injuries which look like they may have taken their toll.

Immediate evidence comes not just in his 200m showing in Rio, but in the 100m final, where Blake finished fourth. His time of 9.93 is notably slower than London.
                          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rio...ld-s-best.html
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Wow.
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Blake didn't look bad in the 100 final. Just didn't do what we know he can.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X