• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW, This was a T20 not a ODI!!

Ground had to have short boundaries?!
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-ind...y/1050799.html
    Peter R

And today...123 for 8 after 17... ayyy sah!
    Peter R

Comment

Somehow I was not aware of these matches being played in South Florida. It's a pity because I had a "free" weekend and could have made the drive down.

Hopefully they were financially successful and there will be more.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Sorry. I didn't post on the site.

Today's match was abandoned with India chasing 144 to win...and then the rain came to our rescue!. They were 15/0 after 2 overs.

From some comments I read on cricinfo, there are some disgruntled fans.... some tickets apparently sold for $200 US (and more). The game apparently got off to a late start, and would have been completed in time (or gotten in the required overs to make it official) had they started on time.
        Peter R

Comment

$200 for a T20 ticket? Those are some hard core fans!

Yes it looks like they messed up badly with the delayed start. Also, a 20 minute shower was all it took to cause this? Not good enough.

I suspect the pent up demand is such that it won't be a deterrent for future tournaments, but they can't have another fiasco like this. Who is ultimately responsible anyway?
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

WICB as the host and remember this is the makeup tour to to makeup for the fiasco of the abandoned India tour..

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Oh Lord. So we might need a makeup for the makeup then?

Comment

The blame was placed (not saying it wasn't the case) on technical difficulties with the TV transmission... they couldn't start play and not be transmitting.
                Peter R

Comment

Working...
                X