• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR Dawes: Destroys the Fast Twitch Theory :

Fasting on B.S ...mi belly

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/h...aicans-so-fast
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Sorry X but you're wayyyyyyy off base wid yuh thesis

1. Dawes speaks of a "speed gene" NOT "fast twitch muscles". The 2 scientific theories are DIFFERENT. The speed gene theory is related to ACTN3 and that gene's possible impact on activating muscles in a way beneficial to sprinting. The theory is controversial....and NOT generally accepted.

2. Fast twitch muscle fibers, their preponderance in people of W African descent....and role those fibers in explosiveness is generally accepted by science. Dawes doesn't even mention that theory...so it's not sensible to claim he debunks it.

3. What Dawes does do is completely affirm the thesis I and others support. Jamaica's success in sprinting is due to a harmonious COMBINATION of many factors...among which are:

* A supportive CULTURE around sprinting where local have VERY high expectations and emphasis
    * Expert knowledge base (coaching)
    * Great competition...starting EARLY and thru to seniors
    * Lately the professional club development keeping athletes @ home and not burnt out in US
    * Some natural selection effects coming out of Babylon slavery....leading to a "stronger" physiological profile

Kindly reconsider your conclusions re the article. Look up ACTN3/supposed speed gene and see it's totally different from fast twitch fiber matters
    Last edited by Don1; August 31, 2016, 09:47 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I believe he does when he dismisses it as impossible given our motto out of many one people and contrast it with east African tribes who have over 1000s of years settled and bred in area to develop distinctive genetic traits- eugenictics!

You need more than that ?

Furthermore Actn 3 as I understand it is the protein that helps to produce fast twitch fibers,i will re read it as you suggested and I hope you do too.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

What does he dismiss as impossible....given our motto??

Pls Xtract dat part cuz mi neva sight dat

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Paragraph 6

* Scienist have searched for fast twitch gene of similar make up , nothing has been found

* Theory would be plausible in Kenyans given ,Nandi tribe in Kenyan 3 % of population makes up 50 % of Kenyan best runners

* The assumption then is Jamaicans would have a fast twitch gene or fiber as you now cast that net wider.

* Given our motto - out of many one people -There is no Jamaican tribe.

The articles

http://scienceblogs.com/geneticfutur...ympic-success/

The frequency of this gene is nowhere high enough in any population to be a “racial” trait, even if such traits actually existed. And it is prevalent mainly among Europeans and Asians. The slow ones have the fast genes.

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/20...ing-fast-or-f/
          Last edited by Sir X; August 31, 2016, 10:11 AM.

Comment

=Sir X;564349]Paragraph 6

* Scienist have searched for fast twitch gene of similar make up , nothing has been found
            As I said there is no scientific consensus around a "speed gene". Fast twitch fibers are NOT "genes"...but like everything else in our bodies they are an outcome of natural selection i.e. genetic mutation over time in response to differing environments.
            You need to differentiate between genes and muscle structures for us to be on the same page.

That natural selection process results in widely differing body typologies among populations. Different body typologies may confer advantages or disadvantages in any given physical activity. That's not racist...that's science

* Theory would be plausible in Kenyans given ,Nandi tribe in Kenyan 3 % of population makes up 50 % of Kenyan best runners
            LOL. So is this Kenyan thing "racist"??? If not....why??
            * The assumption then is Jamaicans would have a fast twitch gene or fiber as you now cast that net wider.
            Since genes are different from fibers those would form different nets to cast.
            * Given out motto - out of many one people -There is no Jamaican tribe.
            LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Yes

The articles

The frequency of this gene is nowhere high enough in any population to be a “racial” trait, even if such traits actually existed. And it is prevalent mainly among Europeans and Asians. The slow ones have the fast genes.
            Yes...re a so called speed gene there is no scientific consensus re its existence. EVERYONE has BOTH fast & slow twitch muscle FIBERS...but W Africans tend to have a greater amount

Re the incidence of fast twitch fibers among differing populations ...it's well established that W Africans are more endowed than others. The contribution of fast twitch FIBERS to muscle explosiveness helpful for sprinters is also well founded in science.

What is not yet well understood are the genetic sub-structures underlying fast twitch fibers which may cause those fibers to be so explosive i.e. a so called speed gene

Babylon continues to search for that gene...probably to manufacture super athletes and be dominant in that field

So there is zero accepted scientific discovery of such a "speed gene"...only guesswork. However one can always find people on the internet who subscribe to unsubstantiated pseudo-science re a speed gene. Racists and non-racists alike
            Last edited by Don1; August 31, 2016, 11:16 AM.

Comment

* Genes and muscle fibers - They have been explained- differentiated in the articles as (a) protien-

The ACTN3 gene encodes a protein called α-actinin-3 (“Actinen A” is a misnomer of uncertain origin propagated by lazy reporters), which is found within the fast fibres of muscle – the cells that are required for generating rapid, forceful contraction in activities such as sprinting and weightlifting. Interestingly, the human ACTN3 gene comes in two forms in the general population: there’s a normal, functional version called 577R, and a “defective” version called 577X, which contains a single base change that prevents the production of α-actinin-3. People who have two copies of the 577X version (I’ll refer to them as X/X) produce absolutely no α-actinin-3 in their fast muscle fibres.

The good Dr did not in his article differentiate gene or fiber and honestly I dont think he had to given the science of eugenics-traits,tribes and our motto for us to be on the same page ,he dismisses it in our motto ! I hope its not a distraction on your part from the science that says it is nowhere high enough in any population to be a racial trait,that includes the west african and worse yet his ancestry, and here is your dilemia - Jamaicans are of west african ancestry , not a 100 % , but given that , even the African or west African according to the science lacks this genetic trait or fiber in bulk to justify any racial theory of superiority of running faster than other ethnicities.

Here is where we have confusion: I think and aggreance

* Re the incidence of fast twitch fibers among differing populations

Agreed

* ...it's well established that W Africans are more endowed than others.

Agreed but why ,is it gene,fiber, enviroment or a culmination ?

* The contribution of fast twitch FIBERS to muscle explosiveness helpful for sprinters is also well founded in science.

Agreed

Comment

* Genes and muscle fibers - They have been explained- differentiated in the articles as (a) protien-

The ACTN3 gene encodes a protein called α-actinin-3 (“Actinen A” is a misnomer of uncertain origin propagated by lazy reporters), which is found within the fast fibres of muscle – the cells that are required for generating rapid, forceful contraction in activities such as sprinting and weightlifting. Interestingly, the human ACTN3 gene comes in two forms in the general population: there’s a normal, functional version called 577R, and a “defective” version called 577X, which contains a single base change that prevents the production of α-actinin-3. People who have two copies of the 577X version (I’ll refer to them as X/X) produce absolutely no α-actinin-3 in their fast muscle fibres.

ACTN3 is but one of many genes in muscle fibers....just as they're many guys out there like this one with theories.

There is no settled science on any speed gene...ACTN3 or anything else. That science may be established in the future
                The good Dr did not in his article differentiate gene or fiber and honestly I dont think he had to given the science of eugenics-traits,tribes and our motto for us to be on the same page ,he dismisses it in our motto ! I hope its not a distraction on your part from the science that says it is nowhere high enough in any population to be a racial trait,that includes the west african and worse yet his ancestry, and here is your dilemia - Jamaicans are of west african ancestry , not a 100 % , but given that , even the African or west African according to the science lacks this genetic trait or fiber in bulk to justify any racial theory of superiority of running faster than other ethnicities.
                Not sure why I'm confronted with this very confusing combo of our motto-racial traits-ancestry-tribes-eugenics-racial superiority etc. Those are not my contentions but someone else's arguments. So that should be directed to those someones.. I'm not even sure of what they all mean or their significance to the discussion
                Here is where we have confusion: I think and aggreance

* Re the incidence of fast twitch fibers among differing populations

Agreed

* ...it's well established that W Africans are more endowed than others.

Agreed but why ,is it gene,fiber, enviroment or a culmination ?
                EVERYTHING in physiology is a combination....because natural selection is a combination of EVERYTHING in our respective environments which impacts us. That's natural and man-made impacts

The specific gene(s) re speed are just not (yet) well established...but they may exist and eventually be discovered

* The contribution of fast twitch FIBERS to muscle explosiveness helpful for sprinters is also well founded in science.

Agreed
                Super. As is the finding that people of W African background/descent tend to be more endowed than others with those particular fibers
                Last edited by Don1; August 31, 2016, 11:43 AM.

Comment

This is an interesting case study ... Super. As is the finding that people of W African background/descent tend to be more endowed than others with those particular fibers

*Given that some west africans did not undergo the holocaust slavery and its journey.

*The strongest survived slavery

*The strongest mixed

Could it be the european and asian mix ?

Comment

Gi yuh a Joke , a man say ,gunshot & running from the plantation have something to do with it ...hehehe....ahh sah ! The sound of the starters gun bring back memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvB0q3mg4sQ
                    Last edited by Sir X; August 31, 2016, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                      This is an interesting case study ... Super. As is the finding that people of W African background/descent tend to be more endowed than others with those particular fibers

*Given that some west africans did not undergo the holocaust slavery and its journey.

*The strongest survived slavery

*The strongest mixed

Could it be the european and asian mix ?
                      * W Africans DO NOT constitute a "race". W Africans are a sub-grouping within a so-called race. Jamaicans would be a further sub-sub grouping....with our own peculiar mutations based on our environment, slavery etc. Just as Africans from the Rift Valley Mountain zone have a generally different physiology compared to W Africans...due to a very different environment

* You keep returning to some "gene". Again no "fast gene" has been established in science. Plus I'm not positing that some gene is responsible for our sprint success so I don't get your focus on that to me.

* I already posted many times the primary factors responsible for our sprint success. Those are pretty much identical to the Dawes argument
                      Last edited by Don1; August 31, 2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Yep Time came in with that theory as well...very entertaining

Comment

I understand you loud and clear and I addressed it in my Gene and Fiber posting .

Just reinforcing my views , with science.

Comment

Ok boss. Respek

Comment

Working...
                            X