This thing is catching!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thing is catching!

The Seattle Seahawks will become the first NFL team to join Colin Kaepernick’s silent protest during the national anthem this Sunday.

In their home opener against the Miami Dolphins, the Seattle Seahawks have planned a “big surprise” during the national anthem, according to starting linebacker Bobby Wagner. Wagner emphasized that the entire roster will take part in the protest, though he didn’t specify if the team would sit or kneel.

http://usuncut.com/resistance/entire...-anthem-sunda/

BLACK LIVES MATTER

“Anything we want to do, it’s not going to be individual. It’s going to be a team thing. That’s what the world needs to see. The world needs to see people coming together versus being individuals,” Wagner told the Seattle Times.

The team has the support of head coach Pete Carroll, who recently stood up for cornerback Jeremy Lane when he sat during the national anthem in solidarity with San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick last Thursday before Seattle’s final preseason game against the Oakland Raiders.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hmm, I guess we will have to wait and see. My guess is that it will be a patriotic theme.

A day after Doug Baldwin and Cliff Avril told reporters they were considering joining the national anthem protest before the Seahawks' season opener, Baldwin on Thursday tweeted that "our team will honor the country and flag in a pregame demonstration of unity."

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...g-unity-090816
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

They chickened out already?

Why do Americans feel that national flags stand primarily for those who fought wars? So the Jamaican flag stands for what?

To me, the flag is the symbol of the country. It stands for its soldiers, its civilians and its immigrants. I fully understand if someone feels the country, represented by its flag, has been unjust towards them. Can African-Americans truly feel they have been treated fairly, justly? Forget slavery, what about today?! Native Americans, do they have reason to gripe after all that was, and still is being, meted out to their people?

I respect Kaepernick for his stance and can't wait to receive my No. 7 49ers jersey.

And since I mentioned the 49ers, did you know, there was early desire to have slaves dig the mines in California for gold, given the extreme indolence of white people, but the white gold rushers reconsidered having slaves muddy up the landscape of California and actually prevented all black people, slaves and free, from entering into or emigrating to California. This new frontier, with all it's gold, was to remain a white territory.

Yuh think dem easy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
        X