Patrick Patterson: An Unquiet Mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Patterson: An Unquiet Mind

The most fearsome of Caribbean pacers disappeared into oblivion in the 1990s. Patrick Patterson is still around, though he does not quite remember the man he was, or his bowling spells which went down in history. But he is grateful for the dogged fan who traveled half-way around the world to his door — to hear his story.
    http://indianexpress.com/article/spo...-mind-4762590/
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

sad to see how Ragga end up. He was one of the most feared bowler ever to touch the ball.

wish him all the best. Just recently I was talking to some brethren and they told me was out east but I didn't know he was so withdrawn.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Wow a forgotten star. Those were the days when I loved cricket.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Definitely some kind of mental issues involved. Might be chronic depression or something more serious but clearly he needs treatment and/or care.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

It would be interesting to see a study of former very fast bowlers.

I know Youthan Dowe was not himself after West Indies cricket. Came back to the game but was just not the same.

Also my friend Noel "Joe Cudd) Cousins who was top prospect for Jamaica hit a kid from Tivoli and killed him. For a long time Joe wasn't the same and only returned to Cricket as an adult.

Not sure if this affected him but it would be interesting to find out.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I remembered him ,I thought he would be the next great one (Holding).
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
            X