Jamaica is having a horrible WC so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica is having a horrible WC so far

We've been spoilt. Our favorites haven't performed well. Let's hope we get our sh!t together soon.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

McLeod gold in the 110m hurdles and 3 Jamaicans in the 400m finals, Mowatt in the men's 400m finals things are looking up.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The story is that Elaine was vomiting before the start of the final, possibly some type of virus. These things happen, they are human.

This is a preview to life after the golden era. We will likely continue to do well but golds will not be as plentiful as they have been for the last 10 years.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

About time
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Even though we've suffered two major disappointments so far in this World Championship, there are few positives that I see. Firstly Omar McLeod winning the gold in the 110m hurdles. He showed great mental strength to live up to his favorite tag and came through for Jamaica. Secondly, I am mightily impressed with our two guys who made the 400m finals. But I'm more impressed with Nathan Allen who performed beyond expectations. I think both him and the American, Kerley (sp) faded badly in the finals because of their very long college season. I think Jamaica, Botswana and of course the USA are the three favorites for the 4x400m relay gold. Thirdly, I'm impressed by young Ristiana (sp) Tracey. I think she stands a very good chance of collecting a medal if she runs a smart race. I'm disappointed in our young crop of sprinters not named Elaine Thompson, Shelley-Ann Frase-Pryce, Veronica Campbell or Usain Bolt.

Comment

Oh I forgot, big congrats to our 3 girls making the 400m finals along with Mowatt in the 400m hurdles finals too. I think that the gold medal in the W 400m will go the Bahamian , but Felix is vulnerable. Our girls are at a disadvantage challenging for the lesser medals competing against the young boy from that African country. The organizers can just hand Jamaica the women's 4x400 m gold medal from now.

Comment

You see what I mean by US college burn out,what if Allen was prepared at home ?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The problem with our 400 men training locally, is that I don't think they are pushing themselves enough and not being challenged. I think Allen broke through the pain barrier because he was pushing against Kerley (sp) throughout the college season. . Before this season, we were jumping for joy when Donkeyman was running high 44's and he was our brightest prospect. Now we have Allen and Gaye running mid to low 44's consistently.

Comment

We have the circuit for that these days.US colleges will burn out the youths,good thing is the americans get burn like us,but they have the advantage of being at home.

The world will benefit look at Van Niek and those of of that stay at home i.e Demish Gaye.

Comment

Blake didn't look near ready. Still has a way to go, I hope he gets there.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Good run by Mowatt. Bright future ahead

Comment

We going to have to earn that 4x400m gold. I don't think US plan to givge it to us.

Comment

Seems as if everyone except the yanks are having a terrible WC,it had to be pouring rain and low temps for this to happen, go figure.

Comment

Shauna Miller pulled her lactic acid muscles......lol

Comment

Lots of unexpected winners that is for sure.

I think VAN NIEKERK legs are weary, he won't win the 200m.

Comment

Working...
                              X