Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it we feel that we cant rival our medal haul

Post Bolt ?

Think about this Pre Bolt , we struggled to get a man in a 100m final, basically none in the 110m hurdler ,struggled with a 200m runners ,same with the 400m & 400m hurdlers.

Now we have

* 100m runners who couldnt make the Jamaican team so they ran for other nations, still have 1 in a final excluding Bolt.

*200m- 3 in a semifinal,granted none made the final.

*110 meter - 1 Gold and another to rival him,if he didnt hit a hurdle which makes two.

* 400m- We have two that made a final ,when was the last time that happened

* 400m Hurdles- 1 in a final and 1 that has the potential to also be a finalist.

The women have more depth than the men , to the point where we have 800m runners,Look we have (4) 110 meter hurdlers in a semifinal today.

I believe we can match the medals we had in the Bolt area in the future, it wont be as consistent as the Bolt era which was ridiculous, but ( every other) 4 years is achievable.

Another point how many Track clubs we had pre Bolt , how many do we have now and they are growing !
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

My expectations is that our total medal haul will be similar but the quality won't be as impressive for a while.

We were pulling like 7-8 golds at the peak of this era. Many of us really didn't fully appreciate how spectacular that was. I see nuff youngsters vex that we getting so much 4th place, like 4th in the world is a joke ting, lol.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Agreed , its all down to execution being perfect.People need to keep in mind our local program is still in its genesis, it basically started Shelly/Bolt or MVP/Racers in 08.Look how many sprinters we have in various disciplines in a semifinal and final ,the avergae seems to be 2 .

Lets see where we are in 10 more years, I wouldnt be surprised if we equalled or surpassed the Bolt era on the odd occasion..

Just my thoughts.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I wonder how Racers will survive in the post-Bolt era. Mills is getting up there in age as well. Fortunately there are a few other clubs coming up.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Thats the good thing these up and coming clubs,no doubt more will be formed as other athletes retire and start their own,lets see how Bolt supports the current setup post retirement.Things look good to me.

Comment

Maybe it is incredible coincidence.
            When everything curry, Racers and MVP get the glory,ergo..

Comment

Working...
            X