The sad state of US sprinting and Jamaican Males

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sad state of US sprinting and Jamaican Males

Nobody is talking about the sad state of US sprinting. This is the worst I have seen.

Jamaican male sprinting has dropped big time. JAAA need to organize Bolt, Shelly, VCB and Asafa to tour the island and conduct seminars to encourage youngsters to get involved and get them motivated because we need to improve.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin
    Nobody is talking about the sad state of US sprinting. This is the worst I have seen.

Jamaican male sprinting has dropped big time. JAAA need to organize Bolt, Shelly, VCB and Asafa to tour the island and conduct seminars to encourage youngsters to get involved and get them motivated because we need to improve.
    Sass, is motivation really the issue? Is it possible that JA dominated the male category because of one man?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Us not great but much better than Ja in Male sprinting. 200 men will see some US success and a outside chance for us fir bronze I am hoping.

Comment

Not just one man. We had a team. Bolt was exceptional but he was also a motivator. Lazie yes it can make a different.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Bolt forced and inspired the others to work harder. During the Bolt era, there were about 10 to 15 sprinters running 9-change regularly. Now, a sprinter running 9.90 has track fans sitting up. Jamaican male sprinters can barely go under 10 seconds nowadays.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

you still hold onto this Stoni?

Comment

Working...
            X