Rio cautious despite start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio cautious despite start

Rio Ferdinand is refusing to get carried away with United's start to the season.

Wednesday night's win over Celtic sealed a fifth straight win, a run which hasprovoked great optimism around Old Trafford, but the England defender is preaching caution.

Rio told Manchester United Radio: "I think it's too early to talk about a great start.

"If you look back after 10 or 15 games and you're still unbeaten, then you've had a good start. Anywhere but top of the league after that time I would call an ok start."

While cautious, Ferdinand did admit that the Reds had met their first aim of the season -avoiding any early defeats.

"You don't want to get any defeats early in the season. I think last season we would've drawn the Tottenham game, but this year hopefully we've turned the corner and we can keep on pushing from there."

Ferdinand is happy with the work ofhisdefensive colleagues, butinsists he has been delighted with the contribution of his attacking counterparts.

"For me, as a defender, you want to get clean sheets," he said. "I think with the players we've got we're always confident that we'll score goals.

"I think the players upfront and in midfield are starting to do that. They've started the season very well and as long as we can keep that up and maintain the way we've been playing then we'll be in with a shout."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Rio cautious despite start

Good talk my youth, doan get swell headed. Yuh made a terrible mistake yesterday ... nuh mek it happen again. To make amends .... score pon Arsenal and keep dem off the score sheet and alls forgiven.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X