RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had a chat with Everton Tomlinson of the Westmoreland FA, Western Confed and JFF Executive Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a chat with Everton Tomlinson of the Westmoreland FA, Western Confed and JFF Executive Member

Asked about the WFA programme. Explained it came about out of hisexperiences gained asplayer, coach and football administrator.

Informed me he played for Wadadah (spelling?)and meet players Davis, Anglin and Whitmore there.

- (Aside: I never remembered Whitmore as a Wadadah player. Do not know if I misunderstood...in that he may have meant he met Whitmore in MoBay.) -

...but, the surprise was he said he was influenced on the wayhis development programis structured by information he received from those players, including Gaynor, abouta program they used to attend that was built/run bySteve Bucknor.If I have remembered correctly, he said those players came out of Buchnor's program.

He asked me what I thought of the current JFF "Sunday meeting" and the request made? ...I did not answer, but he went on to mention that ofthe six (6)Officers elected at the last JFF Congressthree (3) had resigned.

Spoke about the potential in talent in Westmoreland and across the island...

...and the football had to be set right for the talent to benefit.

Mentioned he is working to see "the Reggae Boyz back on top".

Long talk - included suggestions for salaries for Schoolboy coaches and possible structure of salaries.

Long talk it was. Interesting!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Had a chat with Everton Tomlinson of the Westmoreland FA, Western Confed and JFF Executive Member

Told him where you got the numbers from? And are you satisfied this is not what your initial reaction was?
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

RE: Had a chat with Everton Tomlinson of the Westmoreland FA, Western Confed and JFF Executive Member

Sickko (9/14/2006)Told him where you got the numbers from?
      Yes! He said you were a friend.

Again, Thanks!

And are you satisfied this is not what your initial reaction was?
      I am afraidthat his response convinced me that he has "his program" and he has gotten good results...but, because *<U>he is involved directly inthe program</U> it is limited to how well he can get around.

That, in my mind, is akin to "one man" doing something. Positive yes...but, too narrow in scope. As he said, just like "Buchnor's program". It does not cover the entire area the WFA covers. If he had replica programs all throughout the parish operated by "localised groups" with outside expertise being utilised...then that would be a WFA program.

Let me put it to you this way...ifI ran a "group"such as Steve ran in MoBay it matters not if 4 such as Anglin, Gaynor, Paul Davis and Whitmore came out of it ora larger group with greater quality and more players...it would not be a St. James FA program.

If, however, a program such as Everton's and or Steve's coversand embraces an entire city and or parish, confed or the entire island...then we have a program!

The Parishes should have their programs. The confeds likewise and the JFF its own. City programs must covertheentire city. Confed's program must cover the Confed.JFF's must cover the island....and, it cannot be a program if the "back office" support is not created to support what is being attempted. If it is not comprehensive it is an half-assed attempt.

Everton's model as he explained to me is a goodone and he gave me numbers on boys who have benefitted. Imagine what would have been if it was not a Evertonprogram but one covering the parish - a WFA program with '20 Evertons'? ...a program he could sell to his Confed andspead through out the Confed?

*If he is not there "program" dies or "there is no program".

-----------

When youunderstand it is Jamaica I am defeding - the boy and girl in the Cockpit as well asfrom RailwayLane...from Cedar Valley in the foothills of the BlueMountains in St Thomas...to Rock in Clarendon...to Success in thehills of Hanover toAlligator Pond on the south coast...etc, etc...then you will under stand what area a JFFFOOTBALL PROGRAM must cover locally.

Then we must think of the number of sports medicine units we must spread across the island...the transportation services that must be organised...the fields, classrooms, audio-visual facilities, etc, etc. that all must be co-ordinated to cover the island...and all the other back -office support groups...then you will finally understand what a NATIONAL FOOTBALL PROGRAM must do locally.

Co-ordinate that with National team structure and co-ordinating of all national teams demand...and we will have a NATIONAL PROGRAM.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
      X