• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bora in England to see Gardner

Bora in England to see Gardner
    PAUL A REID, Observer writer reidp@jamaicaobserver.com
    Thursday, October 18, 2007

Jamaica's technical director Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic is in England where he is expected to meet with senior national player Ricardo 'Bibi' Gardner some time this weekend.

Milutinovic, who returned to the island on Sunday night from Haiti where he watched Jamaica's Olympic team lose 1-2 to Haiti on the way to being knocked out of qualifying contention, left the island less than 24 hours later bound for England.

Burchell Gibson, general secretary of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), yesterday confirmed that the Serbian-born Milutinovic had left the island, but could not say how long he would be away.
    While in Haiti last week Milutinovic indicated to the Observer that he was planning on travelling to England to see Gardner, but said he was yet to confirm things with the federation.

The veteran coach will watch Gardner in action for struggling English Premier League team Bolton Wanderers against leaders Arsenal in London on Saturday.

Gardner, who has captained the national team, is one of a handful of players left from the historic Jamaican squad that took part at the 1998 FIFA World Cup in France who is still active.

Meanwhile, Bolton are in turmoil in the premiership and sit second to last in the standings with five points from nine games. They have won only one game since the start of the season and have just lost manager Sammy Lee after six months in charge.

Recently, Milutinovic has come under pressure from several quarters over the inactivity of the national senior team, with the start of the CONCACAF qualifying series for the 2010 FIFA World Cup fast approaching.

Jamaica will not start their regional qualifying campaign until next June, after drawing a bye at the draw recently.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Bora in England to see Gardner

PAUL A REID, Observer writer reidp@jamaicaobserver.com
    Thursday, October 18, 2007

Recently, Milutinovic has come under pressure from several quarters over the inactivity of the national senior team, with the start of the CONCACAF qualifying series for the 2010 FIFA World Cup fast approaching.

Jamaica will not start their regional qualifying campaign until next June, after drawing a bye at the draw recently.
    I wonder if Paul will see this? ----> Our sports writeers need to think and need to be fair - In the article that is posted above, whuy could not the Paul call a spade a spade?

It is the JFF - Bora's bosses who direct Bora on who we play. Sure Bora's input on suggestions on who we should play is important...but, Bora can only make suggestions.

Come-on? We were just told the agreements between Ghana and Nigeria fell through. Who decided not to make it happen? Bora? We need to get real and tell truth!

Firstly: It is the JFF bosses who determine policy!

Secondly: It is the bosses who hire coaches!

Thirdly: The JFF bosses, it is, who accept or do not accept underlings suggestions on where "the company" goes - teams we play! Yup - it is the JFF bosses who sign off or do not sign off on the coaches recommendations.

Run away as fast as Paul can from the facts - It is the JFF that makes final decision on direction(s) our TEAM(s) takes(take)!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Which Paul are you talking about? The one who wrote the story? Have you had your Geritol yet?
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko PLEASE tell me this is not the primary purpose of bora's visit.

As jawge would say...thanks in advance.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Unlike what Karl is asking me to do, this is the info I have and try as I may to get any other info, I did not get any more and so I refuses to speculate to further anyone's agenda as Karl seems to be asking me to do.
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

I agree with Karl and I have been saying the same thing for quite some time now.
            Which boss is going to let a subordinate sign off on a contract for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
              I agree with Karl and I have been saying the same thing for quite some time now.
              Which boss is going to let a subordinate sign off on a contract for him.

Tenk yuh, sah!

Well, Sickko?

Comment

Bora to see Gardner or to see if he can get an interview for the open manager's spot at Bolton?
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                X