Kelly tries to deal with the loss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly tries to deal with the loss.

Courtney’s death had immobilised me for most of the day. As I reflected on all the people who knew him, I thought about Keith Kelly. In fact, it was only about two weeks ago, in going through my cell phone contacts list, I came across a number for Kelly and, not having used it for a while wondered if it was still valid. Well, it was. I asked Kelly what was happening with his football. He replied saying that Manage (as he called Courtney) was looking about his return to San Juan Jabloteh in Trinidad and he was due to depart at any time. I said that was great and promised to visit him before he left. I never found the time until today.

When I saw him, it was clear that Keith had done little more than grieve for his manager since getting the bad news this morning. Courtney was his biggest defender, and guarded him from the many naysayers about his football. Even so, Courtney was honest, and made him know when he was not playing well, or was unfit. Courtney was a problem-solver, Keith said. No matter what the problem, Mr. Livi found a way to deal with it, however personal.

Only yesterday he had spoken to Courtney. He said Courtney, despite his heavy workload, would always try and make time for him. He said Livi complained about being tired and he remembered on other ocassions when he spoke about being stressed.

Keith said he had always looked forward to the day in his football career when he would make Mr. Livi proud. I told Keith the best way to honour Courtney, a father figure in his life, is to fulfill everything that Courtney expected of him.

Although Keith was obviously Courtney's favourite charge, in the past I have spoken to a few other footballers who also spoke in glowing terms of Mr. Livi. His respect was large!

While there, Keith told me that Shavar was in Jamaica for a few days. I stopped by to see him also and, unfortunately, I turned out to be the bearer of bad news. He had not heard of Mr. Livi’s passing. Shavar was another player who Courtney believed in 100%.

I hope my visit with Keith helped him in some way.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: Kelly tries to deal with the loss.

That sounds like a Ardenne man always believeing in the best that man has to offer and seeking ways to bring it out (problem solve).

I heard a similar story about Courtney aka Big Man from a friend of mine , his relative wanted to try out for the juniour team and he hooked him up.

Bless to the man , i give thanks to have met and known him on the RBSC Board.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
    X