Stephenson not interested in JFF presidency now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephenson not interested in JFF presidency now

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Stephenson not interested in JFF presidency now</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>BY KAYON RAYNOR Observer staff reporter
    Tuesday, September 19, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <P class=StoryText align=justify>RECENTLY re-elected president of the powerful Kingston and St Andrew Football Association (KSAFA), Stewart Stephenson, has revealed that he is not eyeing the presidency of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) - at least for now.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"The issue of the JFF presidency in one that everybody who is in football looks at because it is the top post in the thing, but quite honestly, I have tried to maintain my focus within KSAFA," Stephenson told the Observer moments after winning a fourth mandate on Saturday.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The incumbent Stephenson defeated challenger Rudolph Speid 52-39 in the presidential election at KSAFA's biennial election held at the HEART TRUST NTA's headquarters in New Kingston.
    "Now that these elections are over, there is work that KSAFA has to do still to work with the JFF," the practising lawyer noted.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Asked pointedly if he plans to run against Crenston Boxhill in the next JFF elections, constitutionally due November 2007, Stephenson replied, "the elections are a long way off and I don't have any real commitment to anything national at this time."<P class=StoryText align=justify>Stephenson, who previously served as KSAFA boss between 1996 and 2000, then 2004 and 2006 added, "I want to ensure that those clubs that for two terms now seem not to yet be convinced of the quality of the effort that we have brought, to see if we can get close and work with some of those clubs. The JFF issue will come up - we can talk about that a little closer to the election - but right now that is not a priority focus for me."<P class=StoryText align=justify>The KSAFA executive is completed by first and second vice presidents Carvel Stewart and Carlton 'Spanner' Dennis; treasurer Rudolph Speid and his assistant Brian Rose, with general secretary David Hunt and his assistant being attorney-at-law Jerome Spencer.<P class=StoryText align=justify>
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Stephenson not interested in JFF presidency now

He needs to grow a pair first then he can run
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
    X