Angry Jack hits back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angry Jack hits back

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Angry Jack hits back</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline>.. FIFA exec Warner takes legal action over ticket allegations</SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>Observer Reporter
    Wednesday, September 20, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=150 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>WARNER... believes he has been left with no choice</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>Trinidadian Jack Warner has decided to take action following the leaking of a report that incorrectly alleges his involvement in a World Cup ticketing scandal, the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) media officer Sean Fuentes has reported.

Warner, a FIFA vice-president, believes he has been left with no choice but to bring these legal actions after the biased and incorrect reports were deliberately provided to the media. He has therefore instructed Swiss counsel (Bruppacher Hug &amp; Partner of Zollikon, Switzerland) to bring charges for defamation, and to take action for violation of his personal rights, against persons unknown and in the environment of FIFA and the authors of the report, Ernst &amp; Young. This action will be filed in Zurich, Switzerland.
    Having initially becoming aware of the report and its erroneous findings through the media, Warner feels he has been left with no option but to seek legal recourse.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"I was shocked when I saw the report in the media and all the more shocked when I read the incorrect facts and conclusions it contained. The report is incomplete, biased, and wrong. Then this report was given to the media without anyone ever speaking to me or reviewing the documentary evidence which shows the errors in this report. While I would rather not have to take these actions, I am left with no choice but to do so both to defend my name and investigate who is behind these deliberate acts against me," he stated.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Counter-claims<P class=StoryText align=justify>Meantime, a report in the Daily Telegraph reported on the weekend that FIFA was rocked by a series of explosive counter-claims by Warner after he was accused of profiteering from the illegal sale of black market World Cup tickets.<P class=StoryText align=justify>An investigation by the auditors, Ernst and Young, claims to have unearthed proof that Warner, a member of the Fifa executive committee, and his son Daryan set up secret deals worth millions of pounds.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Warner hit back at Friday's meeting of the FIFA executive committee in Zurich, presenting the results of an investigation by a former US federal prosecutor which not only dismisses the Ernst and Young findings but goes on to accuse senior FIFA officials of trying to frame him.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The Daily Telegraph had seen a leaked copy of the report by John P Collins, a respected American lawyer who sits on FIFA's legal committee.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The report, which was handed to members of FIFA's executive committee late on Thursday night, also details evidence of a potentially damaging rift between Warner and FIFA general secretary Urs Linsi - two of the most powerful figures in world football.<P class=StoryText align=justify>In one letter from Warner to Linsi, dated September 10, he accuses him of being "hostile" and issuing "veiled threats" over his role with the Simpaul Travel Company and their purchase of World Cup tickets.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The Collins report goes on to claim that Ernst and Young's investigation was "fatally flawed" and was "based upon incomplete information and contains erroneous conclusions".
    Despite the report by Collins, Warner knows he faces a major fight for h
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Angry Jack hits back

Higher levels...BIGGER devils...

With Warners' level of success, it is expected that some will try ANYTHING to dislodge him.

Even on this forum, some folks simply abhor Jack 'the ripper' Warner. The sad fact is that they base their prejudice on what they have read... as well as some degree of jealousy of his success.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

My spidey senses tingle when I read that people have settled large transactions with cash... and a cash refund? You'd think FIFA would issue a cheque. DOesn't make sense to me. It could all be true I guess but I reserve my opinion as I don't really appreciate JW especially when you see what he is capaple of engineering in the recent U16 tournament.

ANd I use my credit card regularly especially online or giving a merchant my card details to make purchases without signing any slip...

Too many holes for me to jump on Jack's bandwagon.

pr
      Peter R

Comment

This is a very long article taken from www.newsday.co.tt<DIV class=article><SPAN class=bigtitle>Jack hits back at allegations</SPAN> <P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 10px">Sunday, September 17 2006<P class=article style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 15px">FIFA Vice-President Jack Warner has made a a stout defence against accusations that he profited from the illegal sale of World Cup tickets which he bought and sold on the black market. <P class=article>The charges were levelled at him after a a confidential document compiled by accountancy firm Ernst &amp; Young was leaked to the Daily Mail in England.

A report written by Andrew Jennings in the same newspaper last week also purported to give details of the ticket deals involving Warner and his son Daryan.

The matter was discussed on Friday when the FIFA Executive Committee met in Zurich and was referred to their Disciplinary Committee.

Warner has retained the American law firm of Collins and Collins to seek his interest and investigate the allegations against him.

Following are documents filed by Warner in his defence.

Also attached is a letter to Warner from his Swiss Attorney Dr Mark Bruppacher.

Letter from Collins and Collins Law Officers to CONCACAF General Secretary on the Ernst and Young Reports and Related claims.

LAW OFFICES

COLLINS &amp; COLLINS

8 South Michigan Ave., Suite 1414

Chicago, Illinois 60603

(312) 201-8700

Fax (312) 606-0234

Chuck Blazer

General Secretary

CONCACAF

725 Fifth Avenue, 17th Floor

New York, NY 10022

Re: Ernst &amp; Young Report and Related Claims

Dear Chuck:

As you requested, I have investigated the allegations in the July 8, 2006 Ernst &amp;Young letter that was “leaked” to Andrew Jennings earlier this week. As set forth in the attached memorandum, the investigation discloses:

1 Jack Warner did not order, receive distribute or redistribute any of the tickets as alleged in the E&amp;Y Letter;

2 Jack Warner purchased relatively few tickets for the 2006 FIFA World Cup. He even turned down his allotment as a FIFA Vice President. The tickets he did purchase were done through proper channels and with the proper disclosure of the end users, typically friends and family members;

3 In August, Urs Linsi requested that Jack Warner become involved with Simpaul Travel, which Mr Warner refused to do until properly authorised to do so by the FIFA Executive Committee; and,

4 There are issues concerning the creation and conclusions of the E&amp;Y Letter and subsequent “leak” of that document that raise even more serious issues for FIFA and how it conducts its business.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any additional information.

Very truly yours,

John P Collins

Breakdown on the findings made by Collins and Collins

COLLINS &amp; COLLINS

ATTORNEYS AT LAW

To: Chuck Blazer

General Secretary

CONCACAF

Re: Jack Warner 2006 FIFA World Cup Ticket Purchases

Date: September 14, 2006

1. Introduction

As requested, I have analysed the July 8, 2006 letter and exhibits from Peter Coats and Thomas Stenz of Ernst &amp; Young to Urs Linsi, FIFA General Secretary (the “E&amp;Y Letter”). In addition, I have interviewed Jack Warner and Daryan Warner and reviewed their e-mails and other contemporaneous documents. This memorandum and attached exhibits set forth the results of my investigation. Please contact me if you have any questions or need any additional information

2. Executive Summary

The E&amp;Y Letter is based upon incomplete information and contains fatally erroneous “conclusions.” Based upon my more thorough review of the facts and circumstances — including contemporaneous documents and corresponde

Comment

Peter R (9/20/2006)My spidey senses tingle when I read that people have settled large transactions with cash... and a cash refund? You'd think FIFA would issue a cheque. DOesn't make sense to me. It could all be true I guess but I reserve my opinion as I don't really appreciate JW especially when you see what he is capaple of engineering in the recent U16 tournament.

ANd I use my credit card regularly especially online or giving a merchant my card details to make purchases without signing any slip...

Too many holes for me to jump on Jack's bandwagon.

pr
          It is an undeniable fact that Andrew Jennings has been trying to get at Blatter through Jack for YEARS!

It is also undeniable that there is a European cartel that, from the days of Havelange, have been trying to win back control of FIFA. It would serve that cartel well if Blatter fell.

The cartel hasnever made it a secret thatit will on attaining power - i)roll back to pre-Havelange days the numbers of teams fromAfrica, North and Central American and Asia that are accepted in FIFA final competitions; - ii)limit and curtail funds given to FAs from Africa, North andCentral Americaand Asiathat promote development of the game;iii) remove over time from FIFA Committees members of the foregoing named FAs; iv) increase places awarded to the EuropeanFAs as the named areas lose places; v) increase funding to European FAs as Africa, North and Central America and Asia lose funding; vi) increase Europeans on the FIFA Committeesto fill the places taken from representatives from Africa, Northand Central America - vii)non-appointment of referees and officialsfrom those named areas to control and organise matches respectivelyin FIFA Final Competitions.

It is certainly suspicious that Andrew Jenningshas continued to wage his war against firstly Blatter and then Jack for these many years when the removal ofBlatter ...and Jackwould be of benefit to theEuropean cartel. A review of the years Jennings has beenat his task would prove interesting.

NB: Exile: You are right tosee the cash transactions as a red flag when a simple reverse of the charges toa credit card which is easier and simplier could have been carried out. Makes you wonder why the person who is a part of the 'evidence'/providing the evidence against Jack...a person who has had an ongoing feud with Jack...would be at the heart ofand the one controlling the transactions?

I wonder what has been his actionswhen dealingwith other individuals in somewhat similar situations...cash payouts etc?

Yes...we cannot be certain of the truth of the matter...but, a FIFA without a Jack and or a Blatter would no doubt see FIFA pushing growth in Europe and stultifying growth in Africa, North and Central Americaand Asia.

The persons behind the attempts to 'change the current FIFA' need to be also investigated!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"It is an undeniable fact that Andrew Jennings has been trying to get at Blatter through Jack for YEARS!

It is also undeniable that there is a European cartel that, from the days of Havelange, have been trying to win back control of FIFA. It would serve that cartel well if Blatter fell."

Who said it's "undeniable"? And who said it's a fact?

You have an uncanny ability to let your opinion come off as gospel.

And are you saying, Karl, that all's well within FIFA? Are you saying that FIFA should not be investigated?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (9/21/2006)"It is an undeniable fact that Andrew Jennings has been trying to get at Blatter through Jack for YEARS!

It is also undeniable that there is a European cartel that, from the days of Havelange, have been trying to win back control of FIFA. It would serve that cartel well if Blatter fell."

Who said it's "undeniable"? And who said it's a fact?

You have an uncanny ability to let your opinion come off as gospel.

And are you saying, Karl, that all's well within FIFA? Are you saying that FIFA should not be investigated?
              Undeniable? The European 'footballboys' said it themselves! I think you should search the netfor sayings and promises surrounding FIFA elections...

...andinterviews, addresses and speechesgiven by the European 'football boys'?

...all's well within FIFA? Are you saying that FIFA should not be investigated?

I think a read of whatI have written suggests all is not well in FIFA. Certainly there is a split in loyalties in pro-Blatter and anti-Blatter factions. The various factions disagree on 'serious FIFA matters'.

FIFA should be investigated? ...or, you meant persons in FIFA should be investigated?

I suggested other FIFA persons should also be investigated...that wouldnaturally mean investigation of happenings in FIFA...

...so I do not know what else you are asking of me?

I would suggestyou do somehomework, boss!

PS --- NB: I wonder if you know that two of the main reasons for *the creationof UEFA was to counteract Europe'sdeclining influence within FIFA...and, **to provide a focal point for a united European Football movement?

Does that speak to UEFA having an interest in 'rolling back time' and reasserting self as 'boss' of world football and realigning FIFA to suitits own purposes?

...and, does that explain the reasons why Havelange and his backers - read 'rest of the football world' - rested power from the Europeans and promoted projects that gave the previous minnows assistance - technical, financial and mentoring aid to develop selves as greater football powers...and gave the minnows a greater say in FIFA decisions...created additional FIFA tournaments and opened FIFA final competitions to more and more countries that previously would not have had the opportunity to attend at FIFA final competitions?

* and ** - Source: Vision Europe - "the direction and development of European Football over the next decade" - Nyon, April 2005.

Comment

Working...
              X