Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggae Boyz training squad announced

November 13, 2007

Reggae Boyz Training Squad and Schedule for International Friendly Games Nov. 18 & 21

The Jamaica Football Federation has named a 25 member training squad for two upcoming international friendly games. Jamaica will face El Salvador on November 18 at 6:00pm and Guatemala on November 21 at 7:00pm, both games will be played at the National Stadium.

Please see below the list of invitees and the training schedule.

Player Club Country Position
    Donovan Ricketts B Bradford City England Goal Keeper
    Richard McCallumn Waterhouse FC Jamaica Goal Keeper
    Duwayne Kerr Portmore United Jamaica Goal Keeper

Damian Stewart Queens Park Rangers England Defender
    Ian Goodison Tranmere Rovers, England Defender
    Demar Stewart Royal Whitestar, Belgium Defender
    Rafe Wolfe Royal Whitestar, Belgium Defender
    Tyrone Marshall Toronto FC Canada Defender
    Shavar Thomas Chivas USA USA Defender
    Wolry Wolfe Portmore United FC Jamaica Defender
    Christopher Jackson Tivoli Gardens FC Jamaica Defender

Sean Frazer Miami FC USA Midfielder
    Jason Morrison Royal Whitestar, Belgium Midfielder
    Ricardo Gardner Bolton Wanderers, England Midfielder
    Omar Daley Bradford City England Midfielder
    Jermaine Johnson Sheffield Wednesday England Midfielder
    Jamal Campbell-Ryce Barnsley England Midfielder
    Khari Stephenson AIKS, Sweden Jamaica Midfielder
    Rudolph Austin Portmore United FC Jamaica Midfielder
    Ricardo Geddes Seba FC Jamaica Midfielder
    Damian Williams Waterhouse FC Jamaica Midfielder

Luton Shelton Sheffield United England Forward
    Ricardo Fuller Stoke City England Forward
    Dane Richards NY Red Bulls USA Forward
    Fabian Taylor Harbour View FC Jamaica Forward

Date Venue Time
    November 15, 2007 Waterhouse 7:30am
    National Stadium 4:00pm

November 16, 2007 Tivoli Gardens FC 7:30am

November 17, 2007 National Stadium 4:00pm
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
    November 13, 2007

Reggae Boyz Training Squad and Schedule for International Friendly Games Nov. 18 & 21

The Jamaica Football Federation has named a 25 member training squad for two upcoming international friendly games. Jamaica will face El Salvador on November 18 at 6:00pm and Guatemala on November 21 at 7:00pm, both games will be played at the National Stadium.

Please see below the list of invitees and the training schedule.

Player Club Country Position
    Donovan Ricketts B Bradford City England Goal Keeper
    Richard McCallumn Waterhouse FC Jamaica Goal Keeper
    Duwayne Kerr Portmore United Jamaica Goal Keeper

Damian Stewart Queens Park Rangers England Defender
    Ian Goodison Tranmere Rovers, England Defender
    Demar Stewart Royal Whitestar, Belgium Defender
    Rafe Wolfe Royal Whitestar, Belgium Defender
    Tyrone Marshall Toronto FC Canada Defender
    Shavar Thomas Chivas USA USA Defender
    Wolry Wolfe Portmore United FC Jamaica Defender
    Christopher Jackson Tivoli Gardens FC Jamaica Defender

Sean Frazer Miami FC USA Midfielder
    Jason Morrison Royal Whitestar, Belgium Midfielder
    Ricardo Gardner Bolton Wanderers, England Midfielder
    Omar Daley Bradford City England Midfielder
    Jermaine Johnson Sheffield Wednesday England Midfielder
    Jamal Campbell-Ryce Barnsley England Midfielder
    Khari Stephenson AIKS, Sweden Jamaica Midfielder
    Rudolph Austin Portmore United FC Jamaica Midfielder
    Ricardo Geddes Seba FC Jamaica Midfielder
    Damian Williams Waterhouse FC Jamaica Midfielder

Luton Shelton Sheffield United England Forward
    Ricardo Fuller Stoke City England Forward
    Dane Richards NY Red Bulls USA Forward
    Fabian Taylor Harbour View FC Jamaica Forward

Date Venue Time
    November 15, 2007 Waterhouse 7:30am

November 16, 2007 Tivoli Gardens FC 7:30am

November 17, 2007 National Stadium 4:00pm
    So what happen to Marlon King, Swaby and Jerry Hue ? Is Claude Davis injured ?

Ian Goodison ?? Now you all don't think I'm dissing him because in the Golden Era of the reggaeboyz he was one of my favorite players but come on are'nt we building for 2010 ?
    Is this Seba yout any good ? Is Tappa playing favoritism ?

Comment

King seh im cudden mek it at this time. Tappa seh Hue nuh ready.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I read that King exuded excitement at being recalled but had to decline the present games because of club commitments etc. He said he will be available for subsequent games.

Geddes is good and should've been called before. The real brow-raiser here is the absence of the Reno players, in particular Nicholy Finlayson.

Jerry will be there when the real roll is called. Swaby was a favourite of Bora, so I believe there must be some quality to him. Maybe he is carrying an injury. And I believe Claude is injured; anyway his absence isn't that much of a loss (in my opinion).

Pepe is fit and playing in a league comparable to or slightly more competitive than the CPPL. If Bora can summon Fowly Stewart, then I see no reason why Tappa shouldn't call Pepe. Let him first fail at the national level and then we can have a basis for our disapproval.

I heard much about Oneke Ford and Karl Wiggan of Sporting Central. Hope the coaching staff take a look at them.

Here's a question though: Where is Fabian Dawkins?
        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
          I read that King exuded excitement at being recalled but had to decline the present games because of club commitments etc. He said he will be available for subsequent games.

Geddes is good and should've been called before. The real brow-raiser here is the absence of the Reno players, in particular Nicholy Finlayson.

Jerry will be there when the real roll is called. Swaby was a favourite of Bora, so I believe there must be some quality to him. Maybe he is carrying an injury. And I believe Claude is injured; anyway his absence isn't that much of a loss (in my opinion).

Pepe is fit and playing in a league comparable to or slightly more competitive than the CPPL. If Bora can summon Fowly Stewart, then I see no reason why Tappa shouldn't call Pepe. Let him first fail at the national level and then we can have a basis for our disapproval.

I heard much about Oneke Ford and Karl Wiggan of Sporting Central. Hope the coaching staff take a look at them.

Thanks fi de imput but one more thing Fabian Taylor has never really impressed me, I watched him play every home game for the Metros when he was here and other than that first game where he came off the bench and scored 2 goals he was average at best now is he tearing up the NPL /
          Can't see how he got called.

Comment

Jah know star, mi rate the squad, glad sya him go back fi Jason Morisson, Portmore product, soon to be one of, if not the best midfielder we have. I only got a couple bones to pick with that lineup. Where the hell is Ricado Cousins name??? Him really believe say Geddes better than Cousins???? And whamp'n to the great Maestro?!?!?!?! He is the type of player Whitmore use to be(not saying he was as good you Whitmore worshipers), or Kieth Kelly. Come on Tappa. Glad say Rudi Austin in the squad though. Him ago show the world wha Portmore been up to.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post

Yeah man thanks fi remind me. Oneke could prove himself likkle more if yuh ask me but WHAMP'N to Wigan?? After mi see dat man mash up some bigger side defense, especially Ruxie View, he certainly should be included in the camp. Also, Demar Phillips, I think he's the only Ja born,overseas-based player left out, even though he played well in his last 15 min against Sheff U saturday(I watched the live stream). Must feel a way still.

Comment

Dawkins is not match fit and looks to be working his way in form, last two times I saw him he is getting back there.
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Re: "the only Ja born, overseas-based player left out."

You're forgetting about Teofore Bennett; Oneil Thompson; Omar Cummings; Stephen Deroux; Akeem Priestly; Nicholas Addlery; Roen Nelson; Jacomena Barrett; and Joel Senior !
                  "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Also, Demar Phillips, I think he's the only Ja born,overseas-based player left out, even though he played well in his last 15 min against Sheff U saturday(I watched the live stream).
                    Teofore Bennett and Ryan Johnson are both Jamaican born players not included. So to are Oniel Thompson (Norway), Nicholas Addlery (DC United), Omar Cummings (Colorado Rapids) and Stephen deRoux (DC United).

Anyway, we have to agree that not every player can be called at this time.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

That is true and as some one else pointed out, no player from Reno, but I do know Tappa went to STETHS on Sunday to see Findlayson, maybe the incident at the gate upset him so badly he could not be objective
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

My bad. I should've typed "english-based", which is what I meant.

Comment

seriously no Jermaine Hue?

Comment

seriously...no, he cant make this midfield
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

what about lovel Palmer, is he injured I thought they were high on him?

Comment

Working...
                              X