dem bredda yah pon fsc need fi get dem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dem bredda yah pon fsc need fi get dem

info correct... keep referring to the goal scorer as thonpson... just like de lass game dem was calling de gk mccallum ricketts all game...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

yeah..but the commentary on sportsmax was not much better...i preferred fsc..

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

didnn't watch the match on sportsmax... dont know how... anyway, nothin against the commentary on fsc... it was somewhat acceptable, considering they were not in the stadium.. just wished they had someone to provide them with the correct info on the players.. just found it a bit annoying...
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Give a man an inch.....

Comment

Ever wonder how widespread this may be?

Calling wrong names only becomes a factor when we know all the players on the field.

I think incorrect commentary (wrong names incl.) is somewhat widespread. We have to be tolerant and make the correction for ourselves.

CaseStudy:

I recall the game betwen Paraguay and Jamaica. Ali McNab was commentator. He kept bungling the names of the visiting players over and over. I am sure it annoyed the heck out of folks who knew the players from Paraguay.

Be tolerant.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I've listen to Crosskill and McNab call on the last match played under the prior admin and wanted to shoot my tele. The two gentlemen last night were a lot better.

Comment

Brush, I think we press POST at the same time!
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

or like when Ed Barnes was doing commentary on the Gold Cup a few years back and did not realise that when the Fourth Official held up th numbers at the end of each half it was to signal the time added on and kept wondering about changes, even going as far as to chastise the man for holding up the wrong number if he did not see that particular number on the field.
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

yuh too lie. and wikkid!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No joke he was in a studio in Miami with Bertie Peters as his colour guy, that was the days of InterForever Sports.

Deep into the tournament he kept making the same calls, it was more annoying than funny
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

have you ever heard him call "german villa"? because it is spanish it is pronounced "herman veeya"......nobody told that to ed barnes.....

how can you provide commentary on an internationa match and not take the time to find out the correct pronunciation? das so unprofessional...a professional just does not does that!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

crosskill is usually pretty good ...but better at cricket. mcnabb...pedestrian....lance whittaker is supposed to be amongst the best in the english speaking caribbean.

Comment

Sickens me to hear them. Then the one from CVM goes crazy with rolling his Rs. CaRRRDRRDRDlos RRDRDRRRDDuis (Carlos Ruis)

It's called education. I pride myself in being able to correctly pronounce almost any name I may come across, whatever language.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Our likkle country struggling to talk henglish and yuh a berate man bout dem spanish ?

Damn...

Comment

The play by play commentator for the Guatemala game was Mark Rogondino, who happens to be one of my players on my men's team Laguna United in Southern California. Needless to say he got a lot of background information re JFF politics, players to watch, etc from my briefing. Even gave me a personal thanks during his commentary about the 75th minute.

But any wrong name calling would have been due to incorrect information on the game roster provided by both teams to game and TV officials. Unless the commentator knows the players face, then they go strictly by the shirt number and name on the match roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X