Pardew denies Argentine angst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pardew denies Argentine angst

<P class=big>West Ham boss Alan Pardew has stringently denied that the sensational signings of Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano have derailed The Hammers' form in the early part of the season.

Since the extraordinary events of transfer deadline day -that saw the two Argentinian internationals arrive at Upton Park -Pardew's side have failed to win in three games.

After drawing with Aston Villa the London outfit have lost to both Palermo and Newcastle United, and fingers have been pointed at the arrival of the former Corinthians stars for disrupting the squad that performed so well last season.

However Pardew has now rubbished such claims, stating that the addition of Tevez and Mascherano can only serve to take the club onto a new level.

"I don't think it's fair to us or to Mascherano and Tevez to suggest they've disrupted the team," said Pardew.

"We had a good squad and now we've gained two extra quality players. We can't complain about that - it's absolutely brilliant.

"The adjustment in them finding their feet in The Premiership is the balance we have to get right.

"The last two weeks have been important because they've given Tevez and Mascherano the opportunity to see what we're about and what we need to do to win games.

"They're becoming more and more ingrained into the little intricacies that I like in my team."

However Pardew did acknowledge that the arrival of two world stars had caused some unhappiness amongst his squad as players more accustomed to a starting role have had to settle for the bench.

"Absolutely, them coming has put one or two noses out of joint. That happens at every big club and that is hopefully where we are going," Pardew added.

"The situation will only get worse in terms of players feeling aggrieved they're not playing.

"All they can do is work hard on the training ground and convince me with their performances that they should be playing."

Pardew is looking forward to having Tevez and Mascherano in his team for the long term, despite suggestions that they could be moved onto a bigger club within a year.

Indeed the Hammers boss says he has assurances that his star duo will not be leaving Upton Park in the January transfer &#119;indow.

"I'm not worried about losing them in January, I've been given assurances that they will definitely not be leaving then.

"My situation is that these two guys are part of my squad for four years - that's the contracts they've signed.

"These stories come with the territory. They are good players and other clubs will be interested in them."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X