How many local based players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many local based players

can make the Jamaican senior squad if the full squad was called up today?

Given that the two reserve goalies are a given, I can only see three others- Austin and Cousins from Portmore and Taylor from Harbour Zoo.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

What about Robert Scarlett? - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Simoes emphasis this time around (as in the last time) should be to select the best team, not necesarily the best players who are fit and on form prior to a national call up. Notice the subtle difference. Jamaica is at a stage now with avaialable players now that is similar to where Nigeria was after thier Olympic gold medal, i.e., lost of talent playing in top Europena divisions, earning over hundreds of thousands on contract. The national Nigerian team imploded under the weight of all that individual professiona talent. They could not play together as a team.

Yes Jamaica can source a 25-man selection from almost all players playing profesisonal in Europe, Canada and the USA, but that does not automatically suggest that the team's quality will be the sum of the individual player quality. Team spririt, and selecting pleayers that can play with, and for each other will be paramount. National team managers dont have to be succesful coaches per se, they have to be able to find the right mix of skill, character and attitude to build a team, not a group of 11 players.

And he wil only have four, maybe six training sessions prior to a game to create this team spirit. It wont be easy.

Comment

what about him?
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

dont forget we have professionals playing in Africa now too..but trust me as some one who is forced to watch the Premier league every week, we dont have five players who can impact the national team now or anytime soon.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

If Demar Phillips is used as a midfielder, a left wingback from the local league might have to be in the sqaud.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
              what about him?
              How yu mean? We need left wingers. After Demar who do we have? How has he been playing lately? I remember during the CONCACAF Champs Cup he played very well against DC over two legs and the half season he played with Real Salt Lake he was imho their best player. So what about him? Is he still getting it done? Or was that sarcasm in your post that went clear over my head? - T.K.

Comment

dont forget we have professionals playing in Africa now too...
                Keep talking Sickko and see if I don't........ - T.K.

Comment

the man has lost his will to play football but just going through the motions as him don't want to go look a 9-5, simple.

But I am sure Mosiah will come her and tell us diffreently
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

....but trust me as some one who is forced to watch the Premier league every week, we dont have five players who can impact the national team now or anytime soon.
                    Auugggh Sickko, takes me back to that discussion about scraping the D cup and Manning Cup. Why? See bolded text from your quote. Anyway, thats for another thread .... let me just ... uummm ... jump up back pon the fence.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

...and not just any African league either but a Premier League team that has won 25 titles in 20 years- he he he, gwaan like you underrate the people dem football.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

the man has lost his will to play football but just going through the motions as him don't want to go look a 9-5, simple.

But I am sure Mosiah will come her and tell us diffreently
                        That's ashame. He really has talent. I pray he gets his mojo back soon because we could use someone with his talents to get through qualifying. I guess when one person drops out another comes in to fill the spot at some point. - T.K.

Comment

Scarlett has certain ways about him that will prevent him from getting very far in life. Whether it is football or otherwise.

Comment

what up with the lovel palmer youth.. Is he out of favour..

Comment

Lovell is a hard worker, but with his passing he is going to have a hard time getting into a full squad. Simoes like Short Malcolm, so maybe there is a spot for Lovell.

Comment

Working...
                              X