No announcement yet.

Does "world football" includes the USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does "world football" includes the USA?

Why is it that we can submit posts on players such as Muntari (Ghana), Ronaldinho (Brasil), Denilson (Brasil), Messi (Argentina), Tevez (Argentina), Jason Roberts (Grenada) - just to name a few of the many names which popped up here on the forum in recent weeks - and everything is hunky dowry but Zeppo's post on Michael Bradley received so many negative feedbacks? Are there two sets of standards?

Dweetsweet went as far as to say these are "posts that promote USA football interests," and then asks for a separate forum to be set up for Zeppo and his "cohorts." Is the USA the ReggaeBoyz enemy? If you chose to answer yes, then you should take heed that the author of The Art Of War implore us to "know your enemy" before you can defeat him. Maybe that's why we can nevert beat the USA, because we have never taken the time to scout and know them!!

Some of us here (yours truly included) have a dual interest in what happens in both Jamaican and American football. I am a die-hard ReggaeBoyz fan but, having lived in the USA for over 25 years, I have
    also developed a keen interest for what happens in SoccerUSA. Frankly speaking, I see nothing wrong with posts on American players. If we are going to prohibit posts on American players, then why don't we also exempt those on Messi, Ronaldinho, Beckham, Rooney, Cristiano et al?

Or is it that American Soccer does not make the "world football" grade as
    it is called for in the Forum's banner?
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

It is the MO of the poster. Check it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The MO of Zeppo? Then let's turn his posts to our advantage. Let's use his posts on USA players as preliminary scouting reports. There's always something to learn. But his posts, in and of themselves, do lend different angles to this forum.
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

I'm just saying that I understand why Zeppo's posts can be considered "different" from others.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Agreed!
          You may have noticed that I root for the USA when JA is not involved!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I always root against the USA. ALWAYS!!! The Williams Sisters excluded, of course.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              I always root against the USA. ALWAYS!!! The Williams Sisters excluded, of course.
              ...and, in one and two other ways!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

yeah rrrright!
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I am one of the few on
                  this site to openly come out and say "I love america" (without remorse or fear). I have rooted for the US basketball team,swimming, gymnatics, volleyball but not soccer/football. To me the US can do better but continues to bring average players on the world stage (well it may be a blessing for the rest of us in the region). Bradley cannot play INT'L football, he is average. I love the way Brasil plays and nothing in this world will stop me from loving the Jogo bonito.

There you have my piece.

Comment

god forbid yuh should ever lose yuh naturalisation!!! ...whatever would you do!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post

Dweetsweet went as far as to say these are "posts that promote USA football interests," and then asks for a separate forum to be set up for Zeppo and his "cohorts."
                      Down with Apartheid!

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                      - Xavi

Comment

dat mi cyaan afford
                        cause mi nuh haff nuh NIS nor 50 employee ah yaad. Ah so di ting set bossman.

Comment

'Ole Farmah, you are so accurate in your observations..................

I wrote the other day about the pack thinking mentality. That some folks are only interseted in hearing confirmation of their thoughts,ideas and what they believe as truth.

What i find amazing 'ole Farmah is that--some of the "intelligent and educated" ones seem completely at ease with the box-thinking.
                          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

THat's right Gamma. In the land of supposedly free speech, say the wrong thing and is Guantanamo Bay fi yuh backside....

Even the colors surrounding this discussion board confirms that this is really about Jamaica and Jamaican football interest. Let rooting for US and USA interests go elsewhere. Like the USA, we should not have totally free speech here.

What Zeppo does is the MO for most USAians. Invade and try to conquer foreign domiciles and interests. Like the USA does for its own interests, Reggaeboyz fans should protect thier own interests by preventing foreign support from having a place on the the Reggaboyzsc.com discussion Forum. Be nice and give them a few MB for place of thier own on our web site,, but not here, and it should be clearly labelled. Its like allowing the US to have an embassy in Kingston. No porblem with that.

Comment

mek sure feather yuh nest as best you can....

is hard work do it boss...a nuh "suh di ting set" yuh hear, HARD BUMB O CLA AT work!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X