No announcement yet.

I just don't get it......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fe real.. we need as many games as possible... matters not the competition... one step at a time... as we build up the wins, we will play bigger competiion... as far as i see, every team is a big team and we should approach it like that... there are no small teams when players are representing their nations...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Could it be about which TEAMs are willing to play us and or the costs involved?
      Not sure bout that boss. Isn't it Burrell's job to get proper games for us. I mean we don't have to play Central American opponents everytime now do we?

I don't think its costs or who's willing to play us. Its more about convenience than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
        Is it fair for me to remind the forumites AGAIN. It was some of you that said since the Reggae Boyz are now in the rebuilding phase after the two friendlies against El Salvador and Guatemala. And after those two wins flaws were observed and pointed out in the two games with the final analysis being the Reggae Boyz taking small steps until they can jump.
        This is now happening with El Salvador #141 and Guatemala #103 being small steps. Jamaica has now leaped above the #100 mark and stepped a bit wider with tougher competition in Costa Rica #69 and Honduras #54.

Be patient, forumites. As it is said: "Patience is a virture."

And watch de ride.

Also I believe we have a raincheck game with Ghana. Maybe Captain Burrell will hold them to it sometime in 2008.
        So don't you think that Costa Rica is rebuilding also? I have been actively following their progress and they are struggling even though they're rated at #69.

This is certainly not a good time to play them. The Honduras game is a good test but realistically as I said before we don't need to play them now because we will see them in less than a yr.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          I hope Simoes get we some small island game fi see the man dem a yard too.

For Jamaica EVERY practise game is an important one. You hear Carl Brown say we have fi play 50 games to be competitive? How the forum expert them who ask the importance of these games nuh see that?

So play 50 games against substandard opposition makes sense fi yu boss? Every game is important but so is the opposition you face too. We can play Grenadines, Aruba, St Martin, Turks and Caicos, St Kitts and you tell me what purpose will that serve us in terms of true preparation for our upcoming opponents in the semi-final round?

Comment

Gentlemen you are all missing the point, it's all about availability and money. To bring a team from UEFA, CAF and Asia will cost nuff money the JFF don't have on money (dunney).
            Wadadah (peace & love)

Comment

But Burrell boasted about the size of his Rolodex and said he can call up any FA president and arrange a game, I would welcome a Peru or even Chile right now over Honduras or Guatemala again
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
              X