Jamaica Vs. St Lucia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica Vs. St Lucia

Mi nuh see nobody start the thread so make me fill unnuh in. We a lead 4-0 at half-time. Goals by Lamey(2) Demar Phillips and Wilfred Smith. We totally a dominate them. Could've been 7-0 by now with the amount of chances we had.

RE: Jamaica Vs. St Lucia

I am happy for Lamey. About time him get a chance to be noticed by a scout.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

TVJ SPORTS NETWORK now showing the Haiti-St. Vincent match. The Jamaica-St. Lucia match will be shown after. These matches will also be re-broadcast tomorrow.

Comment

It's the ugliest 4-0 you'll ever see. I guess this is better than the WCQ team that looked good but couldn't score.

Ah hear some people say today's team played exactly like Simoes' team. Well, that might be true to an extent - slow football, 2,000 back passes and big kicks over our midfielders' heads - but our midfield was never so clueless when we used it and Simoes' players had better technique. Maestro game secure. In fact, Tappa could have helped this team big time.

I predict a 2-0 victory for Haiti on Sunday.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Local ballers with need a influx of overseas pros to go any further.

Comment

Mosiah (9/27/2006)It's the ugliest 4-0 you'll ever see. I guess this is better than the WCQ team that looked good but couldn't score.

Ah hear some people say today's team played exactly like Simoes' team. Well, that might be true to an extent - slow football, 2,000 back passes and big kicks over our midfielders' heads - but our midfield was never so clueless when we used it and Simoes' players had beter technique. Maestro game secure. In fact, Tappa could have helped this team big time.

Well i think seh u not far wrong with day prediction.

Comment

Mosiah (9/27/2006)It's the ugliest 4-0 you'll ever see. I guess this is better than the WCQ team that looked good but couldn't score.

Ah hear some people say today's team played exactly like Simoes' team. Well, that might be true to an extent - slow football, 2,000 back passes and big kicks over our midfielders' heads - but our midfield was never so clueless when we used it and Simoes' players had better technique. Maestro game secure. In fact, Tappa could have helped this team big time.

Simoes team? Wasnt that the most successful team we ever had at international level? 1000 back passes is not neccesarily a bad thing...especially when you can use it to avoid getting a mauling from the like of Brazil.
              President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Even the the overseas-based Reggae Boyz the same thing happen during the second leg of the 2006 World CupQualifier against Haiti. Marlon King scored a hat-trick in the first half and no goals were scored in the second half.

I'm going to watch the match over now at TVJ SPORTS NETWORKagain and see what really happened.

Comment

<DIV>But wi talking 2,000 back passes!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>In a tournament like this, I'm more concerned about how we play than results. That's just me. If I were coach maybe I would think differently.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I'm just wondering why the Haitians and the St. Lucians looked so much more composed on the ball, had better first touch, better dribbling skills and better passing. And they both played faster than we did. For the Lucians, that got them no where, but for the Haitians, it did.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Our goals came by 1) a horrible mistake from the goalie, allowing a harmless shot to bounce off his chest and back into play, 2) a reasonably good buildup and a great shot from Lamey, 3) a good header from close range from a corner but one that should really have been challenged by a good defence, and 4) a fortunate bounce that saved an overdribble by Lamey and sent him clear on to goal, one on one with the keeper. Most of our efforts to attack broke down horribly with bad passes or poor ball control. If I were coach, I would be very, very concerned about our ability to attack fluidly and consistently</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Anyway, let me not be so negative. A win, especially a 4-0 win, is a win! Go Reggae Boyz!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (9/28/2006)<DIV>But wi talking 2,000 back passes!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>In a tournament like this, I'm more concerned about how we play than results. That's just me. If I were coach maybe I would think differently.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I'm just wondering why the Haitians and the St. Lucians looked so much more composed on the ball, had better first touch, better dribbling skills and better passing. And they both played faster than we did. For the Lucians, that got them no where, but for the Haitians, it did.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Our goals came by 1) a horrible mistake from the goalie, allowing a harmless shot to bounce off his chest and back into play, 2) a reasonably good buildup and a great shot from Lamey, 3) a good header from close range from a corner but one that should really have been challenged by a good defence, and 4) a fortunate bounce that saved an overdribble by Lamey and sent him clear on to goal, one on one with the keeper. Most of our efforts to attack broke down horribly with bad passes or poor ball control. If I were coach, I would be very, very concerned about our ability to attack fluidly and consistently</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Anyway, let me not be so negative. A win, especially a 4-0 win, is a win! Go Reggae Boyz!</DIV>
                    Thats what happens when you have a JFF that doesnt care too much about player development and giving the players adequate games to "gel". We dont even have a full time coach...what you really expect? I hear that therewere about 2000 spectators in the stadium last night. Is that a record for the lowest turn out for a international game at the Office in the last decade or so?
                    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

<DIV>Gel? Why did Haiti gel? What about St. Lucia? I think our poor technical display says more about our clubs than it does about the JFF or the coach!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>But for a change, our shooting was on point! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>RF, only the grandstand was open yesterday. It was ram jam solid, first I have ever seen that! I guess the "buy one ticket get the other at half price" worked. It also worked for the scammers who were posing as regular patrons trying to get you to share the cost of two tickets and once they got theirs, they just proceeded to sell it to others for the full $500. Over and over again!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>But nuh mek nuhbody tell yuh anyting. Grandstand was full! That doesn't always happen especially when the Boyz' low is approaching those dull days of the 1970's when even WCQs would attract 400, if yuh lucky!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                      X