Burrell and Our Foot Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burrell and Our Foot Balls

I must say it was a welcome sight to finally see our beloved reggaeboyz playing and winning again. Moreover, with the new dawning of captain Burrell much was expected and initially with those two early games against El Salvador and Guatemala i felt that our boyz were now out of the wilderness.

However, is this much ado about nothing. The pettiness and closed door decision making that characterizes his last tenure seem to now be on the horizon.

Why is it that I get an ugly feeling that this Captain believe that the JFF is a part of his business conglomerate and not a Jamaican entity. I understand and welcome his current tenure from inactive and distructive Boxhill but feel at a lost to understand or to fully comprehend his general attitude towards the complete development of our overall structure "footballitically".

Captain tell me that I am wrong and you are not following the same trend as the last campaign, building from the top down. Please move the Academy if it makes economic sense in Jamaica's interest, If it makes any good sense at all, please not because it was done by Boxhill and now you want it undone....This is why our politricks and our industries have been in this doldrum for years.

Sir you said that while on the sideline, you have learned about past mistakes and past behavior, well I am waiting patiently for you to rise out of this meeting with the affirmative stance that academy stays and you are now forging ahead with the completion....because too much money already spend and "wi bruk"and Munro although not really your desire can still "wuk wid" and start develop it best you can....
    Last edited by Karl; December 19, 2007, 11:06 AM.
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post

Munro Villas - because too much money already spend and "wi bruk"and Munro although not really your desire can still "wuk wid" and start develop it best you can....
    Why is the matter of cost to maintain and cost to have it fit within our future development not a part of consideration on cost?

Why is it only I spent "X" dollars and that is "too much to lose"? When is cash "too much to lose"?

-------

Example - You pay $40,000 down on a house/residential premises - sign the contract to buy...which states forfeiture of the $40,000.00 if you do not go ahead and "perform" i.e. buy within stated period.

You then re-calculate what the costs are to maintain and keep the house and Ooooh-Oh! ...you have mis-calculated and you realise that you shall surely not be able to keep that home after a number of months and or sell as market onditions are poor...

Do you go ahead and buy and lose your $40,000 + whatever it will take to operate the home for the months until you lose same...or, do you walk away?

the example above is a bit over-simplified...but, I have seen the sensible ones walk away and regroup...while too many are those who still plunge in and lose 'big'!

I am not saying the Munro Villa is necessarily similar...but, I am saying such a 'thinking on it' as per the situation outlined above must be possibility considered.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Losing downpayment vs closing up shop

Well first I am not in objection to doing a feasability study in regards to your example. however, realistically I believe this villa can still be used in a cost effective way. Following your line of thinking, can't this administration put it out there then that this villa they now own will be up for resale. Therefore if they do move they can at least recoup something.
      In reference to your house example, I believe those premises should have been researched and studied before one pluck down any sort of deposits; However, if that person's 40k is another person's $4 then nothing is lost. But alas we are talking about this administration that constantly say that they are in the red, and if all that you say should occur isn't it fitting now to also accuse and or go after Boxhill and his administrators for the same charges/ misconduct that was labeled on the previous coach Bora.

Gamma can managers or CEOs be charged with gross mismanagement and incompetence? and required to pay back the cost of any trip or accommodation extended to them, if their position was unpaid....
      "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Working...
      X