X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player of the year

O'Brian White Named Soccer America
    Player of the Year

OAKLAND, Calif. (December 21, 2007) - The award-laden postseason continues for University of Connecticut men's soccer player O'Brian White (Scarborough, Ontario). Just days after being named a MAC Hermann Trophy finalist and First Team All-America, the junior forward has been selected as Soccer America's 2007 Men's Player of the Year after a record-setting season.

The publication's writers say, "In the long and storied history of Connecticut soccer, there has never been a striker like O'Brian White" and they aren't exaggerating. White broke the UConn record with 23 goals and led all Division I players with 23 goals and 53 assists.
    White, whose 23 goals included three hat tricks and the first back-to-back hat tricks in UConn history, surpassed his combined totals for his first two seasons with the Huskies. While he won BIG EAST Rookie of the Year honors with 10 goals in 2005, he slumped to seven goals in 2006.

After a disappointing season for White and the Huskies in 2006, he came back more focused and helped them earn a No. 1 ranking in the final Soccer America Top 25 rankings of the regular season and the team's third BIG EAST title in four years. UConn advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Tournament, where it fell to Virginia Tech, 1-0, in a match played in the mud.

The junior's success made him a target of MLS clubs -- his hometown Toronto FC could certainly use his talents up front -- but he delighted UConn fans with his announcement in mid-December that he was returning for his senior year.
    "We accomplished so much this year," he said, "but fell a step short of reaching the College Cup and I want another chance to reach college soccer's ultimate event with my teammates
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Assasin its funny how they are bigging him up as a striker. He is more of a midfielder.

Comment

I know and his first year he played Right Mid.

I hope Simoes is watching this. He deserves to be in the mix.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X