RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was hoping the Football Pitch post....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was hoping the Football Pitch post....

...would spark a constructive lively discussion and debate.

It did...to a point.

Thank you very much Bruce Bruce, Jawge, OJ.........

Behind my thinking was the creation of jobs. Sod farming, irrigation and drainage are few cultural practices that require significant "skill set".

I guess ( from the discussion), it can be concluded that good football pitches are not achievable in Jamaica. There is no WILL.
    Last edited by HL; December 24, 2007, 02:33 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Well dem say yuh putting dem down
    an yuh nuh mean dem nuh good. Watch the documentary life and debt and see how we deal with the world market when certain standards are asked to be met ( i wonder what would happen to Japan, had the approached it as us with the US and its standards in the automobile Industry) We have a lot to learn and a far way to go.

Comment

King Jawge, there exist a Jamaican Universe.

Anything outside of this universe--does not exists or make sense.

It saddens me to see college/ university grads within and without of Jamaica--still are susceptible to non-progresive thinking. And when one challenges them to "think outside of the 'box" ...them get very disrespectful.
      Last edited by HL; December 24, 2007, 02:53 PM.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
        ...would spark a constructive lively discussion and debate.

It did...to a point.

Thank you very much Bruce Bruce, Jawge, OJ.........

Behind my thinking was the creation of jobs. Sod farming, irrigation and drainage are few cultural practices that require significant "skill set".

I guess ( from the discussion), it can be concluded that good football pitches are not achievable in Jamaica. There is no WILL.
        Don't right us off!
        Good pitches shall come.
        The only question is - When?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Keep HOPE alive!! Mass Karl

Merry KrissMuss to you and fambily

HL

Comment

HL I know yhou are being sarcastic, but I agree with what you are trying to say. Much of the Idle hands in Jamaica could get into sod farming and field maintenance. Much could be done with maintaining the water from the rainy season and using it from irrigation of fields and farms. There need to be a will.

Comment

I think you get the picture OJ!!

Football in Jamaica can be far reaching to the point of being labor intesive.

HL

Comment

Looks like your conscience is beginning to bother you. HL, you meant no good by that post. NONE! You are always trying to show up Jamaica.

No one on this site has called for the improvement of our football fields more than I have. But when I do that I do believe I do it out of a genuine concern that we will take it to the next level, creating jobs and an industry, and improving our football. You have a history of comparing everything to your God-blessed America just to bring us down, even when the very thing you are showing off about should be a source of shame.

So, stop with the nonsense. You are not fooling anyone!

Seasons Greetings, HL!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

HL I think the post obtained its objective. The debate was lively though you may not have liked the tone of a few. The inputs were very interesting and I read them with ...as Jawge would say...the mind of an "Eternal Learner."

A very good post.
                  "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

And some of us did not like his tone.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                    X