St. Catherine KO Semifinals And Championship Match Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Catherine KO Semifinals And Championship Match Info

I just recieved an e-mail from St. Catherine FA giving information of the semifinals of the St. Catherine Co-Op Credit Union Happy Sutherland Knockout tournament.

Sad to say, Independence City lost to Bodles. No scores were given.

SEMIFINALS - January 10
    Naggo Head vs. DB Basovak, 3 pm at Prison Oval
    Portmore United vs. Bodles, 5 pm at Prison Oval

CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    January 17, 3 pm at Prison Oval

Bruce I wonder what will happen in Portmore football if cessation occurs (as it seems the present government are bent on doing), and Portmore then becomes a parish. Teams emmerging in that parish would/could be:

Portmore United
    Independence City
    Gregory Park
    Naggo Head
    Braeton
    Waterford
    Bridgeport
    Garvey Meade
    Passage Fort
    New Lands
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Two Leagues, One Administration?

There is one other club, Cumberland, who plays in St. Catherine Divison One who appears ready for a breakout season.

I could see a KSAFA/type organization, let's call it the St. Catherine / Portmore FA. Both leagues would be run from the same office.

St. Catherine would have its own Division One and Major Leagues, and Portmore with its own Division One and Major Leagues.

I could see the the following scenario:

Top three teams in each league qualify for the playoffs.
      First place team in each league gets a bye for the first round.

FIRST ROUND (ONE MATCH)
      St. Catherine 3rd at St. Catherine 2nd (Winner plays Portmore 1st)
      Portmore 3rd at Portmore 2nd (Winner plays St. Catherine 1st)

SEMIFINALS (Two Game Aggregate)
      Portmore 1st vs. St. Catherine 2nd or 3rd
      St. Catherine 1st vs. Portmore 2nd or 3rd

CHAMPIONSHIP

Comment

Brilliant idea, 'twould be, for them to combine (a la KSAFA). However, if they combine why bother to have separate div one anf major leagues?

Yes, I forgot about Cumberland too!
        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Boy, I am telling you. Bruce know about some of our football than most of us who are even living in Jamaica.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Yep he does! I give nuff respect to Bruce Iyah!

Comment

Working...
            X