• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind a swirling factor in Village-HV tie

Wind a swirling factor in Village tie
    published: Monday | December 31, 2007

Nodley Wright, Freelance Reporter

Lacon Brissett (right) of Village United holds on to Richard Edwards of Harbour View during their Cash Plus Premier League match that ended 1-1 at the Elleston Wakeland Centre in Falmouth yesterday. - photo by Richard Morais
    The stabilizing work of Village United under new coach Paul 'Tegat' Davis continued yesterday as the Trelawny-based outfit played to a 1-1 draw with defending champions Harbour View in the Cash Plus Premier League at the Elleston Wakeland Centre.
    While the home team gave a strong performance, especially in the second half, they started shakily when a defensive blunder saw them fall behind in the third minute as Kavin Bryan capitalised. Everett Mullings equalised for Village in the 53rd minute.
    Playing his first game of the season, goalkeeper Elvis Hart charged out of his goal and missed a ball. Defender Rohan Reid, attempting to clear the ball, only got it to Bryan who accepted with glee and slotted home his second goal in successive matches in the competition.
    Harbour View, which now have 20 points, enjoyed the better of play in this half with a bulkier-looking Jermaine Hue being very influential, operating on the right side of midfield.
    The second half was a totally different affair as the flow of the game swung to Village United, while they played with the wind in their backs.
    Eight minutes into the second half, Village earned themselves a free kick just below the half line. It was taken quickly for Mullings to run on to it and play it with the outside of the right foot to the left of the outstanding Dwayne Miller, who was left exposed by his defense.
    Village, which stayed bottom while gaining its ninth point, continued to dominate play in the second half and had it not been for the brilliance of Miller in goal and some wayward shooting, they would have had another three points.
    Advantage
    "The field and the windy conditions made it difficult to play football. Any team playing with the wind had the advantage and as you saw both goals were scored with the wind," was how Harbour View coach Lenworth Hyde Sr summed up the game. "We did not play a good game but it was a good result."
    Village United's Davis, on the other hand, had a mixed reaction.
    "What really bothers me is that we had the chances to win the match and did not convert them. But I tell you something, the morale of the team has improved and the number of people coming out has increased."
    Village United 1Everett Mullings 53rd Harbour View
    1Kavin Bryan 3rd

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Harbour View, which now have 20 points, enjoyed the better of play in this half with a bulkier-looking Jermaine Hue being very influential, operating on the right side of midfield.
    So, now he is bulky - sigh. Oh, Nodley said bulkier-looking! I see.

aaaah bwoy

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mi would think the field would have more of an impact on the game, than the "windy" conditions.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Wha Jermaine a practice fi use him right foot more before Simones arrived.

Jermaine left foot is only dangerous in premier league match because the opponents hardly tell them players to limit the man left foot option. This won't happen with national teams with well thinking coach.

I can't wait to see the local players who have learn from Simones past and adjust accordingly to make the squad /team etc.

I think Simones have more confidence in Shane Crawford than Jermaine Hue plus Shane is better aerially and defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by No Mercy View Post
          Wha Jermaine a practice fi use him right foot more before Simones arrived.

Jermaine left foot is only dangerous in premier league match because the opponents hardly tell them players to limit the man left foot option. This won't happen with national teams with well thinking coach.

I can't wait to see the local players who have learn from Simones past and adjust accordingly to make the squad /team etc.

I think Simones have more confidence in Shane Crawford than Jermaine Hue plus Shane is better aerially and defensively.
          Shane? Lol. da bredda deh still alive?

Comment

yuh talking crap! did you see the youtube clip? Maestro's right foot is better than many right-footed players. FACT!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
            X