X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one reported on Fuller's Grandmother dying

and subsequent funeral.

Stoke 1-1 Hull
    Caleb Folan's second-half header earned Hull a draw at the Britannia Stadium.
    Hull started well with Bryan Hughes having an overhead kick saved but Stoke went ahead after Leon Cort glanced home from Rory Delap's delivery.

Visiting goalkeeper Boaz Myhill saved superbly to deny Jon Parkin before Hull equalised when Dean Windass' cross was converted by Folan on 61 minutes.

And Windass came close to taking all three points but his close-range header hit the crossbar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stoke manager Tony Pulis on Ricardo Fuller's absence to attend the funeral of his grandmother:
    "We missed Ric badly but family is much more important than football.

"I'm sure everyone understands. We don't know if he'll be back for our Cup game against Newcastle on Sunday.

"Hull played really well but it was a funny game because our keeper has not really had a save to make."

Hull boss Phil Brown:
    "We are very pleased to remain unbeaten over the Christmas period and we should have ended it with a win.
    "I'm disappointed to come away with a point and I think Tony Pulis will be happy with a point.

"The stats showed we had 32 crosses to Stoke's nine and 14 shots to their seven. That is very impressive for an away side."
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Now Fuller maybe absent from FA Clash vs Newcastle

on Sunday. Sorry to hear about her passing; although was looking forward to him playing against Big Sam Side.
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

first i'm becoming aware of this.

grandparents are a treasure and although it is inevitable that in the ordinary course of human life we will survive our grandparents, it still represents a great loss especially when there is a close relationship.

i can but offer up my prayers that ricardo treasured her when she was alive and will take comfort in knowing that there is no love like that of a grandparent, especially a grandmother and that she will always be with him to comfort him.

i have hardly (if ever) heard of a grandparent harming a grandchild, although the news is rife of parents harming their children.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Luton's uncle was also killed in a car crash in Atlanta and he left his team to go to the funeral
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

ah.. well condolence to mr fuller grand..

Comment

Working...
          X