Sunderland defender questions Keane ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunderland defender questions Keane ability

Keane had a reputation as a hothead as a player in his Manchester United days, yet as a manager he appears to be a complete opposite - yet Clarke insists this is very much a façade by the Irishman.

Not only this, but the defender, who suffered a heart attack whilst on loan at Leicester City earlier this season, claims the Black Cats manager is refusing to speak to the players as they struggle for form.

"I spoke to him a couple of times at the club and he rang me when it happened which was nice of him, but we're not very pally so there's no real reason to speak to one another," The Daily Telegraph quote him telling the Independent.

"I probably speak to him more than the players who train there every day even now. He's going around booting chairs and throwing things. He's never going to give you confidence, he doesn't talk to lads.

"If the lads at Manchester United couldn't reach the standards he wanted, and they're some of the best players in the world, then it's going to be a lot harder for the lads at Sunderland to reach them."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Just last season he was the darling of English football, now this? Giving the players silent treatment not gonna work.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X