Lazie, HL, Scaly, Assassin, Jangle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazie, HL, Scaly, Assassin, Jangle

As my fellow MLS watchers it gives me great pride to buss the news that Dennis Hamlet is the first black head coach in MLS history. He will take over the Chicago Fire job from Juan Osorio. - T.K.

Fire name Hamlett new head coach

Bridgeview, IL (Sports Network) - The Chicago Fire announced Friday that longtime Fire assistant coach Denis Hamlett has signed a multi-year deal to be the new head coach for the team. He will be the fourth coach in the Fires 11- year history.

Hamlett, 39, a member of the Chicago Fire coaching staff since the club's inaugural 1998 campaign, will return to Chicago for his 11th season on the Fire bench. Hamlett has held the position of Fire top assistant coach since the 2001 season, while also serving as Community Relations Department liaison.

"I greatly appreciate the organization giving me the opportunity to be head coach of the Fire, and I am thrilled to continue to be part of this team as it enters a new and exciting chapter in Fire history," Hamlett said. "I also want to ensure fans that I promise to do everything in my power to bring another championship to Chicago."

"When we deliberated on who should be the next head coach for the Chicago Fire, we ultimately came to the decision that Denis was the top candidate," Fire Owner Andrew Hauptman said. "I am confident that he possesses the knowledge, skill set and passion necessary to inspire and lead our team to future success, a future that includes winning."

"I've had the privilege of working with Denis for the past three seasons," Fire President and General Manager John Guppy said. "I have observed first hand his tremendous talents as a coach, as well as his unwavering commitment and passion for the Chicago Fire. This rare combination of qualities makes Denis a very special individual, and the person I believe will lead the Fire to future championships."

The 12th overall selection in the inaugural 1996 MLS Draft, Hamlett enjoyed a stellar campaign in the league's first season, starting 31 of the Colorado Rapids' 32 contests en route to being named the team's 1996 BIC Tough Defender of the Year. Prior to joining Colorado, Hamlett was an All-Star for the Continental Indoor Soccer Leagues (CISL) Anaheim Splash, whom he played for during their 1994-95 seasons.

Hamlett started his professional soccer career in 1992, splitting his time between the indoor and outdoor seasons for two years for the National Professional Soccer League's (NPSL) Harrisburg Heat and the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers of the American Professional Soccer League (APSL, now USL First Division). Hamlett previously played collegiate soccer and graduated from George Mason University in Fairfax, VA, where he earned All-Colonial Athletic Association and All-Region accolades during his three seasons of play.

The bilingual Hamlett, who moved to the United States from Costa Rica when he was 10 years old, currently resides in Chicago with his wife Jackie.
    No need to thank me forumites.

AH SNAP!.......Sorry guys I just told a bald face lie. Ruud Gullit actually is the first black head coach in MLS history......LOL......I am such a fool. Well 2nd black head coach in MLS history ain't bad either. - T.K.

Comment

i had my doubts but...ef yuh seh suh!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        i had my doubts but...ef yuh seh suh!
        I am such a liar. I should go sit in the corner for the rest of the day to rhatid.

I was just excited that a 2nd generation Jamaican got a head coaching position in the league. I completely forgot about Gullit. DOH! - T.K.

Comment

RUUD is a second generation jamaican??!!!...but a whey di.... ???

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Congrats to him, let's just say he is the first African American coach.

Is he really second generation J'can?

Comment

RUUD is a second generation jamaican??!!!...but a whey di.... ???
              But wait.....is jus' now yu finding out!!!!? Smart ass! - T.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
                Congrats to him, let's just say he is the first African American coach.

Is he really second generation J'can?
                Yes.....parents from JA but he was born in Costa Rica.....moved to the US at 10 and that was all she wrote. - T.K.

Comment

if i work hard and eat all my vegetables and drink my milk...one day i'll be a centaur!

Comment

who? ruud?

YOW ..is FRIDAY......and....well....IT's FRIDAY!!!!

nuff said!

Comment

if i work hard and eat all my vegetables and drink my milk...one day i'll be a centaur!
                      I am sssssooooooooooo staying away from that one until I get back in Jawge's good graces. - T.K.

Comment

who? ruud?

YOW ..is FRIDAY......and....well....IT's FRIDAY!!!!

nuff said!
                        No not Ruud!! Dennis Hamlett!!

Agreed....Friday rules.....the weather has finally broken here in maryland and we have sunlight! Backside must be my lucky day. - T.K.

Comment

Working...
                        X