Just write a letter to the Gleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just write a letter to the Gleaner

I am very disappointed to see that no Jamaican media has reported that one of our young soccer players Obrien White has won the highest award offered to a college player in the United States. . He won the NCAA soccer MVP</SPAN>. White currently lives in Canada but has represent Jamaica at the youth level. As a junior White has broken UCONN’s single season scoring record and have received numerous achievements and awards. He currently plays his soccer alongside fellow Jamaican Akeem Priestly. He has been featured in many soccer related press in the United States and Canada. It is also very interesting that he choose to remain in school and finish his final year after been heavily recruited by pro teams. This is very ironic as Jamaica is looking for role models for our young boys, who are dropping out of schools. I hope Mr. White get the press he deserves in Jamaica and hopefully a chance to impress our new Technical Director.

Make mi see what dem a go do.
    Action mi a deal wid this year.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Good move!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
    X