Confusing our priorities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusing our priorities

With thumb beneath my chin and index finger tapping aginst my chin, I ponder the moves of the JFF. I think it's me...it's gotta be me..I'm the one not getting it right. But first let me look again at what confuses me.

For a tournament which signifies Caribbean Supremacy, is a launch pad for Gold Cup (read more visibility), and where further victories mean an upward mobilty along FIFA's ranking....we went out and used a third string 11 made up predominantly of local players. And for the heck of it we brought in Fabian dawkins, Omar Daley, Shane Crawford and Sean Fraser as our ''farin'' players to bolster the side. Result: elimination.

So now we fast-forward to today...or yesterday for that matter.. and the JFF is summoning 7 of our big-guns (Claude, Shelton, Fuller, Khari, Bennett, Stewart &Shavar) for the Canadian FRIENDLY which is basically of pure academic importance. We have close to 30 players playing professionally in England and the USA, why didn't we try to get any combination of a ''7'' for the Digicel Caribbean Cup? Why now when the horse already exited the gate?

Wha Chungy seh? ''Heads must roll!!''
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

RE: Confusing our priorities

When Rene took a young Ricardo Fuller, Fanna, Marco Mcdonald, Steve Green, Bibi etc. to the gold cup and lost in 1999 we killed him and remember we lost 0-1 to Colombia and if Gayle had head the ball, and Frank Sinclair walking the man in the goal,it wold have been different and the game on monday was lost because of injury and the goalie foolishness.

Now look where we are. It would have been better if we had mainly our under 23 and under 20 players playing in that game. If we had a proper under 23 side in training, playing parish teams and meeting regularly there is no way we would be in this position.

The JFF through their media correspondent have a way of saying the teams are prepared when anybody with some football sense know otherwise. It is back to 1979 right now.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

RE: Confusing our priorities

That's a question on everybody's lips. Why can't we have th eU-23 side in training.. as you clearly pointed out...against parish teams etc? You know, as Shatta would say: that sounds too logical and makes too much sense.

Chung Fah alluded to the fact that we have failed our young talents, and asked what happened to our U 20 and U17 players who played in the youth World Cups after 1998?

Our administration is in shambles and the rot is reaching a chronic stage. We might as well bring in foreigners to manage all aspect of our football: from Head of Administration to Technical Director.

Alexi Lalas would probably do better than Boxhill.
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Working...
      X