Liverpool is in some serious SH?T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool is in some serious SH?T

NCUSARedfan posted this in the DIC hostile takeover thread but I think it deserves it's own thread.

NCUSARedfan wrote:READ...READ...READ...READ...READ...READ...READ...R EAD...READ...READ...

This information was taken directly off of RAWK...It has some very damaging information about Hicks that someone ought to send to the LARGE you.K. papers. Come to find out, this isn't the first time he has screwed over a club, not delivered on promises, then walked away and left the club in financial shambles.

http://www.playthegame.org/Knowledge%20Bank/Articles/The%20Magic%20in%20Brazil%20Soccer%20Corruption.as px

There are other examples: a contract between Bank of America and Vasco da Gama was intended to cover twenty five years but lasted only two. Worst of all, perhaps, is the case of the Hicks group. This group is a hedge fund based in Texas and linked to President George W. Bush. Hicks took over two teams, Corinthians and Cruzeiro, through contracts that should have run until the year two thousand and ten.

These deals included promises of construction of new stadiums. Hicks also bought forty nine percent of the traffic television network and dreamed up its own ultimate football business: Hicks teams facing each other in matches broadcast, naturally, by Hicks. Hicks set up a cable channel in Latin America, PSN, acquired national basketball association rights, formula one races and football championships at overblown prices. Hicks invested about five hundred million dollars and in only two years filed for bankruptcy.

I e-mailed the guy to make sure it was "our" Hicks and he replied saying this:

"Of course that the Group Hicks of Corinthians is the same. They also wanted to manage argentine clubs. I remember some years ago I wrote an article called Hicks vs Hicks by Hicks TV. Because they also founded a latinoamerican TV channell called PSN (Panamerican Sports Network). Many people believed it was a great excuse for money laundering. The payed 3or 4 times more the rights for Libertadores Cup, Formula One, NBA and so on, a lot of money. Friends from ESPN told me that it was imposible to make a good business with such a lot of money. Just one year and a half later PSN went on bankrupt. Cheers."

I posted this up on YNWA earlier and the lads have found a couple of articles about it:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BEK/is_12_8/ai_67881225

Carlos Roberto de Mello, Corinthians' vice president for finances, says Hicks, Muse waited too long to reinvest the profits from the trades. "That hurt Corinthians' performance and irritated fans used to a better playing team," he says. He warns that the strategy may cut into future team profits if Hicks, Muse doesn't get busy building the team up again.

But Hicks, Muse's Pan-American Sports Teams President Richard Law defends the decisions. "The reality of any sports franchise is that teams go through cycles as players mature," he says. "Our job is not to turn back the inevitable, but to build Corinthians and Cruzeiro up from the junior ranks," referring to the teams' 16- to 20-year-old players.

They were also supposed to build a 45,000 stadium for Corinthians

As part of a separate deal, Hicks, Muse plans to build the club a new training center in early 2001 and a new 45,000-seat stadium in the next few years.

It never happened.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Corporate_Dossier/Globalisation_is_a_distant_dream/articleshow/2491724.cms

Meanwhile, the free flow of capital has resulted in foreigners investing in football clubs, often with disastrous consequences, such as when the American buyout firm Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst bought Corinthians, Sao Paulo’s leading club.

Corinthians won the World Cup championships in 2000, but the club’s performance subsequently slumped and a political row ensued as fans began to protest about everything from player trades to changes in the colour of jerseys. Hicks, Muse exited three years later, following a row with its local partner.

How the f*ck can a few random lads find out all this information after a 5 minute search of the internet yet the chairman and chief exec of our club can't? Moores and Parry sold us down the river the c*nts.

Also, how has this sh*t not come out in the papers? You'd think someone would have stumbled across this considering Corinthians is Mascherano's former club and it seemed he was at the centre of the row when it first happened.[/b]
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Anfield in crisis: Liverpool future in doubt as owners consider selling out for £50m profit

EXCLUSIVE By DANIEL KING - More by this author » Last updated at 00:20am on 20th January 2008
    Comments
    Liverpool's future was cast into doubt last night as the club's two American owners were faced with a decision on whether to accept a £400 million buy-out by Dubai International Capital.

The offer from DIC, the investment arm of the Dubai government, could land millionaires George Gillett junior and Tom Hicks with a staggering profit of £50m, less than a year after their own takeover and without them having put a single dollar of their own money into the club.

Such an outcome would enrage Liverpool fans already dismayed by their team's lack of progress towards becoming genuine Premier League contenders since the arrival of Gillett and Hicks.
    Scroll down to read more:
    Close to their chest: Despite the temptation to cash in, Hicks and Gillett are understood to be planning to cling on to control of Liverpool

Read more...

Liverpool face Aston Villa tomorrow with their hopes of a title challenge already conceded by influential defender Jamie Carragher to be virtually non-existent.
    Despite the temptation to cash in, Hicks and Gillett are understood to be planning to cling on to control of the club and go ahead with their intention to take out £350m in refinancing loans.
    The worrying downside to that venture would be the crippling effect on the transfer plans of manager Rafael Benitez and the fear that it could be the first step towards a Leeds United-style meltdown.
    Neither DIC nor the club's bankers, the Royal Bank of Scotland, would allow that to happen and they will hold crisis talks this week to discuss how the Dubai company could rescue Liverpool from crisis, on and off the field.
    Gillett and Hicks are close to finalising a restructuring package with RBS, who loaned them £220m to buy Liverpool last February, and American bank Wachovia. The new £350m loan would cover the Americans' original borrowing, the money the club raised to buy players last summer and the start-up costs for a new stadium project.
    But City observers believe the new loans would be merely a 'sticking plaster' for the problems at Liverpool and would leave them unable to compete with the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea because of crippling £30m-a-year interest charges.
    There are even fears that any future failure to qualify for the Champions League could leave the club vulnerable to the kind of downward spiral suffered by Leeds. RBS, who have a long relationship with Liverpool, are so concerned about the deal that a senior figure in the bank has been called in to oversee the delicate negotiations.
    But with fans due to mount a huge demonstration against the Americans at Anfield tomorrow, the pressure on them to walk away is increasing by the day.
    Hicks, however, is playing hardball, refusing to be forced into accepting DIC's current price for the shares and believing that, if the refinancing goes through, he will be in a stronger negotiating position.
    For their part, DIC will not pay a price which does not make commercial sense under their own plans and are prepared to bide their time.
    Gillett has found himself embarrassed and annoyed by the way Hicks has conducted himself, particularly in the clumsy confirmation of an approach to former Germany World Cup manager Jurgen Klinsmann over replacing Benitez. But sources suggested last night that Hicks is now likely to fall into line with the Texan.
    Gillett, asset-rich but cashpoor, has found himself in a kingmaker role and could still trigger a takeover by DIC by refusing to sign off the refinancing or even by joining forces with DIC to buy out Hicks.
    But in recent days he has stepped back from those drastic courses of action in favour of proceeding with the new loan from RBS and Wachovia.
    If DIC, which is headed by Liverpool fan Sameer al- Ansari, do move in, it is thought that they would retain Benitez as manager after the way he has kept up his team's challenge for trophies in a very difficult season.
    Although Liverpool's homegrown stars, Steven Gerrard and Carragher, have declined to offer Benitez any public sympathy or support since his disenchantment with Hicks and Gillett became public in November, the manager said yesterday: 'We know we need to improve in the Premier League, but in the Champions League it's clear we have been the best English club over the past three seasons.'
    Benitez also revealed that his players have quizzed him over events away from the field.
    The Spaniard said: 'Some of the players, a lot of the players, have asked me: “What is going on?” The only thing I can say is to keep going and try to do our best.' Benitez appeared optimistic about his chances of staying in the job when he added: 'I am thinking about the future —and the future does not just mean next week. It is next season and beyond.'

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

It gets worse the owners want us to play championship football .

The ambition just isnt there.Boss I am in XILE

But City observers believe the new loans would be merely a 'sticking
      plaster' for the problems at Liverpool and would leave them unable to compete with the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea because of crippling £30m-a-year interest charges.
      There are even fears that any future failure to qualify for the Champions League could leave the club vulnerable to the kind of downward spiral suffered by Leeds

Comment

Wait you think the Dubai man them nuh better?

You think them a come waste them money?

Liverpool with the mentality them have now will not win an EPL title. It is more about their mentality than about splashing their money. They have in my opinion the best striker in the EPL and one of the best midfielder but they don't fight the way a Manu and Arsenal do.

The club has bought so many players over the years and haven't gotten a better result in the EPL, They need to do more target buying rather than wholesale buying. Take a leaf outa Fergie, Wenger, and Martin Oneil's book and Liverpool will be ok.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

They have in my opinion .....Your opinion thank God its in the minority.You continue to prove you dont have a clue about the football market in the prem ,stick to NPL .

Comment

yo no hear di man se him support Bolton and Newcastle....LOL!!!

pan a real X, look how much money Rafa spend since him arrival, yo cyaa blame Hicks fi di condition adi club, Rafa is just awful at man management, send his ass back to Valencia....
            Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
            Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

You to ? well to be honest i expect it from you.

Berbatov ....24 mil
              kuyt ......10 mil

who would you buy and what would be the difference in expectations as per performance? i.e goals ?

You have 15 million to spend ? and your competitor has a 30 mill.Dont play the fool this is bizniz 101

Yuh pay fe what yuh get.

2nd question you have

5 kuyts 15 million a piece

1 Berbatove at 24 million

a 100 million to spend whom would you buy as a striker ?

Rafa is the bests given what he is working with .Like I said thank God yuh in the minority.We are heading down leeds road .

I wonder why your opinions are in the minority.Figure out the market den talk to me caan help unnu nuh more.

Comment

hehe, so who decide to buy Kuyt instead of Berbatov? Hicks? man tek off yo diaper...

how much game Maschearoni get all season much less yo want di man splash 16 mil on a sub? you're more delusional than a Newcastle fan

how much Torres cost after swapping Luis Garcia, how much Reina, Agger. sketel, Jiminez, and heaven know who else him buy fi di backline, how much crouch , Babel, and the Israelie cost?

tek whe yo self, no you did a talk bout DEPTH when season just start, GWE!
                Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
                Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Caan figure it out eh ? There is a resaon your line of reasoning is in the minority.

A bet it would change if Man u transfer budget dwindled to 30 million a season.

Comment

our net spending last season was 5 million pounds...yes just 5 million...

Comment

LOLOLOLOL...hahaha ...yuh tek yuh meds dis mawning.

Comment

Bolton and Villa boss.

Bolton mainly because of Bibi and when Big Sam was there.

Villa cause a deh so mi go watch my Premiership games when mi go a England and mi want them fi stay up and rise.

My days of dying support is long gone mi just want see good players and a competitive game unless a Jamaica a play.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Bolton and Villa , you equate that with good football , figures have they won anything in the past 20 years besides promotion from the championship ?

You think it has anything to do with thier transfer budget ? Good players and a competitive game are the standard of the Top 4 .Yuh lucky if the rest can keep up.

Comment

No worry mi and you a support the same thing. Teams who can't buss inna the top tier.

I have been there and right now I support my local gunfighters. I love a 99/1 chance cause when we win we pay big.

Comment

Does that include the 30million for Tevez? Oh, you talking last season, not this one.
                              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X