RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eight ball left corner pocket............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eight ball left corner pocket............

biB/g SidEEE!!! invading the Shiite Lane this evening

Arsenal isn't massive for Spurs. It's bigger than that

By Myles Palmer

Arsenal isn't a massive game for the Spurs players, staff and fans.
    It's bigger than that.

A Spurs v Arsenal Carling Cup semi-final at White Hart Lane puts Tottenham 90 minutes from Wembley.
    It's a big one. It's really huge for THFC and their supporters.Their season could end tonight.

Facing Chelsea or Everton in the final would be megatastic for Tottingham, as the great Ardiles used to call them.

Of course this game also puts Arsenal 90 minutes from Wembley but that's not now Juande Ramos thinks about it.

At Sevilla, Ramos has proved to be master of two-legged ties, where a game of football last three hours. He won back-to-back Uefa Cups and also the King's Cup in Spain, so he has proved good at sussing teams out in the first leg and stopping them winning in the second leg. Ramos has a great track record in 180-minute games

So in Saturday's home match against Sunderland, Ramos rested four important players : Ledley King, Chimbonda, Keane and Malbranque. Leading 1-0 from Lennon's very early goal, he brought on Keane and Chimbona for 15 and 10 minutes at the end. And Keane scored.

Before that news broke, and before we knew the squad for the game, I figured Arsene would use Gallas-Senderos, and Clichy at left back. I didn't think he would use Traore against Aron Lennon in an away game. Lennon is very zippy and scored after two minutes on Saturday, so he will be hot to trot.But when I saw the squad, which I assumed was the offical squad, it did not include Clichy.

The first leg was a 1-1 draw but Arsenal won it. They won it because Spurs played very well and dominated but couldn't do better than a 1-1. Arsene's kids beat the Spurs first team because they didn't lose. That's how most Gooners saw the first leg.

If it was me, I'd play Clichy and have Adebayor and Hleb on the bench.

But Arsene believes in his young players and that's commendable because if he doesn't believe in them, they won't believe in themsleves. And nobody else will either.

However, it feels like mixed messages on Walcott. Last week he was taken out of the first team squad at Fulham because he has not improved as much as the manager expected. That made sense because the lad was getting negative headlines. But now he's back to play Spurs at White Hot Lane? Does that make sense? Is Walcott really gonna start this second leg?

Is he playing William Gallas to make sure it's a respectable failure? If it's 4-1 to Spurs, would that be a humilation? Or can it only be a humiliation if the Spurs first team loses to Arsenal's kids ?

The $64,000 question is : Can Spurs play as well in the second leg as they did in the first ?

Yes, I'd say. But even if they do, it doesn't mean they'll win. All the expectation is on Spurs. All the pressure is on them to score first.

If Arsenal score first, it will be interesting. And it if it goes to extra time it will be very interesting.

By now you will have forgotten my views on the first leg. I know I had. It seems more than 2 weeks ago.

So what do we think? Two weeks ago these two clubs played a 90-minute first half and nothing about that match matters now except the score of one goal each. Many chances were missed in the first leg. I might have a bet on more than 2.5 goals tonight. I'm looking forward to the game. I'm quite excited

Jan 22, 2008
    Fabregas, Hleb, Adebayor in squad for the Lane
    day has been a lot of fun so far !

The Spurs fans are bricking themselves as news leaks out that the Lillywhites won't be facing all Wenger's kids, as expected.

Spurs have not beaten Arsenal for 21 games.

And 21 games is a HELLUVA LOT of games.

It's not a jinx, though. It's not a hoodoo. It's just that Arsenal is a much better club with superior directors and more talented players.

Tonight will be a real game because the 16-man Arsenal squad is:

2 Abou DIABY
    3 Bacary SAGNA
    4 Cesc FABREGAS
    9 EDUARDO
    10 William GALLAS
    13 Alexander HLEB
    15 DENILSON
    16 Mathieu FLAMINI
    19 GILBERTO
    21 Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK)
    25 Emmanuel ADEBAYOR
    26 Nicklas BENDTNER
    30 Armand TRAORE
    31 Justin HOYTE
    32 Theo WALCOTT
    40 Vito MANNONE (GK)

We will see Walcott and Bendtner down the middle against King and Dawson, so Walcott has a big chance to do a Michael Owen

When Arsenal's subs start to warm up, running down the touchline, Spurs will be quaking in their boots.

Yes, tonight will be fun.

I hope the best team wins without any controversy.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Where is the emoticon showing 'licking of lips'?
    This is certainly a 'mouth watering' chops dripping match-up!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

yuh too disgusting!!!!

NUUUUUURRRRRSEEEEE!!!!!..... the patient in 102 dribbling all over himself again.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
      X