Fergie challenges Ronaldo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fergie challenges Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo has been challenged by Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson to hit 30 goals this season.

The Portuguese winger has already scored 23 times in all competitions this campaign for the reigning Premier League champions and heads the top-flight scoring table with 17 goals.

The 22-year-old has shown great skill in front of goal despite playing down the wing and could record 30 if his present form continues with United still on course in the league, FA Cup and UEFA Champions League.

Potential

Ronaldo is set to feature in the FA Cup fourth round clash with Tottenham on Sunday and Ferguson believes he has what it takes to reach the hefty target.

"With Ronaldo having scored 23 goals already, there is the potential for him to score 30 this season without question," Ferguson said.

"He is not that far off and he has a strong chance of doing that.

"I'm sure that he is capable of scoring 30 league goals, though I think that is a different matter entirely.

"Achieving that would be more difficult and I don't think that will happen. It is a big ask, but if he does manage it, I'll pay him more money."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

30? Fergie should mek it 35. Rooney needs a Target of 20 and .. put Tevez at 20.

If the Holy Trinity (as per a Trini Manu fan) should score 75 goals between them, then why wouldn't the Empire win all three trophies?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X