Arsenal pair escape FA punishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arsenal pair escape FA punishment

The Football Association will not take any formal action against Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor and Nicklas Bendtner for their altercation.
    The pair squared up to each other in the second half of Tuesday's 5-1 Carling Cup semi-final second leg defeat against Tottenham.

However, the FA will write to both Gunners players to remind them of their responsibilities.

Adebayor had earlier apologised for the incident on the club's website.

"We are both passionate about this club, but it was a mistake. I am sorry," he said following the incident which left Bentner with a cut nose.

"We should have been more calm during the game and although I was pleased to get a goal back for the team when I came on, I am sorry for the disagreement with my team-mate Nicklas."

Arsenal were 4-1 down when the incident happened, and substitute Adebayor had been on the pitch for only 21 minutes.

The Togo international had made an impact on the game within eight minutes of his arrival when he scored Arsenal's only goal.

However, frustrations later boiled over and tempers flared within the Arsenal team as Tottenham romped to their first win over their north London rivals in nine years.

Gunners skipper William Gallas and referee Howard Webb intervened, but the match official did not see the entire incident and neither did Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.

The incident was also seen by Matthieu Flamini, who shouted pleas to his team-mates to calm down from the substitutes bench.

It is not the first time that team-mates have been involved in an altercation on the pitch.

Lee Bowyer and Kieron Dyer were sent off after brawling at St James' Park in 2005 when they were playing for Newcastle, who had fallen 3-0 behind to Aston Villa.

Seven years ago Bradford's Stuart McCall had to have stitches in a facial wound after Andy Myers struck him just before half-time of the 6-1 defeat to Leeds.

And in 1995, Blackburn team-mates David ******************** and Graeme Le Saux came to blows during a Champions League match against Spartak Moscow.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Wait .. the man's name is Davis B A T T Y .... why the *******?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

david ********************, john ****************tu, nicky butt and dean windass....i mean to say.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        david ********************, john ****************tu, nicky butt and dean windass....i mean to say.....
        There is also one Danny ****************u ... that African. Why his mother called him Danny is a disgrace. I think Fullah would have been a better fit.

Commentator ".. and Fullah S H I TTU shoots ..... SCORESSS!!!!"

Comment

The Football Association will not take any formal action against Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor and Nicklas Bendtner for their altercation.
          And some people pon this forum who didn't see the altercation were calling for punishment.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

After other teammates hard work - ...it is hard to watch one or two teammates giving away the ball - constantly!

Hard enough playing against fired up 11 to now have saboteurs in the ranks!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
              And some people pon this forum who didn't see the altercation were calling for punishment.
              They should have been punished ... especially Adebayor. The ref clearly erred ... why was Bendter bleeding?

Comment

Working...
              X