X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricketts moved dashed, Work Permit Issues

Bradford man's QPR move collapses

Ricketts has kept 32 clean sheets in 118 appearances for Bradford
    Bradford City goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts' proposed move to Queens Park Rangers has collapsed.
    QPR were unable to gain a work permit for the Jamaican international and his existing permit cannot be transferred.

Ricketts has now returned to Bradford, where he remains under contract until the end of the season.

Bantams joint chairman Mark Lawn told BBC Radio Leeds: "We were assured it would go through OK. It's been a real kick in the stomach and to the wallet."

Ricketts now faces a fight for his place after the Bantams signed Scott Loach from Watford on loan for the rest of the campaign.
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

a wondr what is the issue here?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

D. Ricketts is the first casualty of Jamaica's low FIFA ranking.

Respect

Comment

You see we sit down and make the football pop down and now a reap the benefit.

A same thing we do wid wi country, instead of holding our leaders responsible we forgive them cause them a "nice people" and don't hold them to the standard we hold the ones "we hate".

Anybody with some sense would a know that it was going to affect us but we siddun and make Boxhill, Gibson and Bora tell we foolishness.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

No work permit if country ranked outside top 70

Iraqi Akram refused work permit

Akram played a starring role to help Iraq win the 2007 Asian Cup

Iraq midfielder Nashat Akram's move to Manchester City looks to be over after he was refused a work permit.
          Akram had signed a two-and-a-half-year contract earlier in January but it appears that he cannot travel to the UK because of immigration rules.
          They stipulate that his national side must be in the top 70 of the FIFA rankings, which Iraq are not.
          "I have huge sympathy for Nashat," admitted Manchester City's Swedish manager Sven-Goran Eriksson.
          "He's a very good footballer with an excellent international pedigree," he added.
          "Nashat has now returned to the Middle East and we'll keep in touch."
          Manchester City have already lost an appeal against the Home Office decision, but hope remains as the Iraqi government have taken up Akram's cause.
          And their case also has the support of Keith Vaz, Labour MP for Leicester East.
          "I shall be calling on the Home Secretary (Jacqui Smith) to review this decision," he said
          "Here we have someone who wants to come and work legitimately, a role model for his country, whose presence here can heal divisions in Iraq.
          "Parliament has given ministers the right to exercise their discretion and they should use it.
          "This case sends out all the wrong messages."
          Akram, born in Hilla, currently plays for Al-Ain in the United Arab Emirates.
          He has been the subject of speculation over a move to the Premier League since he played a key role in helping Iraq win last year's Asian Cup.
          But the national team has been unable to move up in the rankings because it has been impossible to play any home matches because of fears of violence.
          The team have not played a home game in nearly 20 years.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

The mismanagement of Jamaica's football will haunt us for years. The Parish associations must also share in the blame, as they refused to remove Boxhill with a vote of no confidence when the ship was sinking.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Yuh nuh, Is like di islan an di ball a mirror image. An den fi mek matters (Matter mi all a call yuh name an yuh nuh even deh bout) worse, whoever tek ova aftah a bare miracle people waan nght away. Mi nevah si nor hear nutten suh yet. Is like a joke ting.

Comment

Its not becuase of Jamaica's low FIFA ranking why the British government has not awarded Ricketss a work permit. It is because Jamaica has not played enough international games in the last two years. We have been inactive. We all know that and we have been complaining frequently on thei board and elsewhere about not having any games under the Boxhill administration. Now the incompetence of the Boxhill administration has negatively affected the career of one of our professional footballers.

You realize also that it limits the transfer mobility and marketability of any Jamaican footballer playing in the UK, unless they have dual citizenship (as in UB40s).

Jamaica's football, us the fanz, and now our current pros in the UK have really suffered from the Boxhill era.

Idiot.....

Comment

Originally posted by DweetSweet View Post
                  You realize also that it limits the transfer mobility and marketability of any Jamaican footballer playing in the UK, unless they have dual citizenship (as in UB40s).
                  This is really sad. This means that even if Fuller, Shelton or any of our other players could get a better contract with a more progressive club, they may not get the chance. I am telling you, this Boxhill guy really cast a long shadow. I am sure that even years after his exit, his reign will still be haunting us.

So with Ricketts getting turned down because of our position/lack of activity over the last 4 years, I wonder how it will affect him when the season in a few months and his contract expires? If he intends to stay at Bradford, he will need to get another Work permit. THey could deny him then too.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Ricketts' Rs move falls through

Bradford goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts' proposed move to QPR has fallen through after the Home Office refused to renew his work permit.

Ricketts: Refused work permit

Ricketts' current work permit expires at the end of the season but Home Office rules do not allow a permit to be transferred from one club to another.

The Jamaica international, whose contract at Bradford expires in May, fails to meet the necessary criteria for a new one due to Jamaica's limited number of competitive internationals in the last two years.

The 30-year-old has therefore returned to Valley Parade where he will now compete for a starting place with Scott Loach, who Bradford drafted in on loan from Watford this week as cover for Ricketts.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

British home office always try to give jamaicans a hard time

when it comes to transfer to better clubs. Look how easy Tevez case was resolved incorrectly ...The man them simply do not like jamaicans. The man playing in england already ..what is the problem....This seems like a set up because why would you sign another goalkeeper before you are sure that Ricketts is gone(unless you do not value is service). No problem because better clubs will be after Ricketts when our ranking is up again.

I hope ricketts do not give up but keep on doing what he think is right . Maybe Ricketts could negotiate with Toronto FC or another major league team.

Comment

well he can continue to play in england under that work permit for that employer....

if those are the rules then they are there for everyone. is ricketts in the UK long enough to get a uk passport? dem seh bibi get one...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

By this summer he should have enough caps. That should motivate him to keep clean sheets and go up inna the ratings.

Now them mek Burrell look like Godfather. Can you imagine how much player etc. a go wid a bag a demand and depending on the improvement of the program?

Comment

Working...
                          X