Boxhil boxed food from Ricketts mouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxhil boxed food from Ricketts mouth

Looks like Burrell was correct. They did harm to our reputation.

Transfer failure plunges Ricketts to reserves
    Howard Walker, Observer staff reporter walkerh@jamaicaobserver.com
    Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Ricketts. right now I am just training and playing reserves
    Jamaica's goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts' collapsed move to Queens Park Rangers (QPR) has not only left the player devastated, but also demoted to reserve games at Bradford City.
    Ricketts, 30, was on the verge of signing with League Championship outfit QPR last week when the deal fell through.
    He had passed a medical, agreed personal terms and was waiting on a work permit from the British Home Office that was never granted based for three main reasons:
    a) Jamaica's low FIFA world ranking which should average below 70 over the last two years;
    b) His lack of international appearances for his country and;
    c) He was not assured of being the starting goalkeeper at his new club.
    Now he is back at Bradford City where his contract expires at the end of the season, and the veteran goalkeeper has been relegated in the pecking order to Scott Loach, who was brought from Watford to replace him when he left.
    "I am back at Bradford and they signed someone and his contract says he has to play. Right now I am just training and playing reserves," Ricketts candidly told the Observer yesterday.
    Loach, 19, is yet to make a senior appearance for Watford, but has had loan spells with Morecambe and Stafford.
    Prior to his proposed move, Ricketts was clearly the number one choice, but now he will have to wait on an opportunity to get back between the sticks. But he remains optimistic.
    "Maybe he gets injured and I play again, but right now I am just training and watching football," he noted.
    However, Ricketts is not bitter at the Home Office's decision not to grant him a new work permit and is taking everything in stride.
    Said Ricketts: "Based on the reasons I think it is a fair decision so I can't complain about it.
    "I am very disappointed, but I spoke to my mom and she said everything happens for a reason," he added.
    Ricketts has been at Bradford City since 2004, and if he represents Jamaica regularly and helps to improve the country's rankings on the world stage over the next few months, he could just be granted a work permit by the British Home Office in the summer, when his contract expires.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Now people can see it loud and clear.
    So now players like Austin need to look elsewhere for a future.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

a) Jamaica's low FIFA world ranking which should average below 70 over the last two years;
      I mentioned this a few days ago, and our players have to look elsewhere now for future opportunities. Back door to the English Leagues via Sweden continues to be a viable option.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
      X