Tribute to Courtney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute to Courtney

<P style="BACKGROUND: white; MARGIN: 0in 1.25in 0pt 0.75in; TEXT-INDENT: 0in"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">"I shall live beyond death, and I shall sing in your ears<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></SPAN><P style="BACKGROUND: white; MARGIN: 0in 1.25in 0pt 0.75in; TEXT-INDENT: 0in"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Even after the vast sea-wave carries me back<o></o></SPAN><P style="BACKGROUND: white; MARGIN: 0in 1.25in 0pt 0.75in; TEXT-INDENT: 0in"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">To the vast sea-depth.<o></o></SPAN><P style="BACKGROUND: white; MARGIN: 0in 1.25in 0pt 0.75in; TEXT-INDENT: 0in"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I shall sit at your board though without a body,<o></o></SPAN><P style="BACKGROUND: white; MARGIN: 0in 1.25in 0pt 0.75in; TEXT-INDENT: 0in"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">And I shall go with you to your fields, a spirit invisible.<o></o></SPAN><P style="BACKGROUND: white; MARGIN: 0in 1.25in 0pt 0.75in; TEXT-INDENT: 0in"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I shall come to you at your fireside, a guest unseen.<o></o></SPAN><P style="BACKGROUND: white; MARGIN: 0in 1.25in 0pt 0.75in; TEXT-INDENT: 0in"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Death changes nothing but the masks that cover our faces.<o></o></SPAN><P style="BACKGROUND: white; MARGIN: 0in 1.25in 0pt 0.75in; TEXT-INDENT: 0in"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The carpenter<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>shall be still a carpenter,<o></o></SPAN><P style="BACKGROUND: white; MARGIN: 0in 1.25in 0pt 0.75in; TEXT-INDENT: 0in"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The farmer, a farmer,<o></o></SPAN><P style="BACKGROUND: white; MARGIN: 0in 1.25in 0pt 0.75in; TEXT-INDENT: 0in"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">And he who sang his song to the wind shall sing it also to the moving spheres."<o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Most of us in the Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club first β€œmet” Courtney on the discussion forum of the reggaeboyz.com website in 1998. Courtney stood out on that forum, displaying not just a passion for football, but for a wide variety of sports, even American football, politics and most world issues. When the NY arm of this website began to formulate what would become the Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club, it called on Courtney to assist. Over the telephone, or by emails, Courtney remained steadfast in his belief that any entity bearing the Reggae Boyz name had better present a Jamaican face, notwithstanding the large numbers of Jamerican participants on the website. Despite some tense discussions, Courtney was fair and conciliatory, while being a man of principle, standing proudly for whatever he believed in. In his own words he was irrational in his support of The reggaeboyz, Arnett Gardens, Liverpool and Brasil.<o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Courtney became the president of the

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: Tribute to Courtney

composed by mosiah and balla

Comment

Excellent sirs. Maximum respect to the big man.

Comment

What more can I say , beautifull!
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Simply beautiful. A fitting tribute to the big man! Also, Kahlil Gribran is one of my favorite poets too. He addresses almost every aspect of life in his works.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Nice job sirs.

Who knew back in the day that the forum would last this long or one of us would be gone in such a short time after we all met in this virtual space.
            SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Mosiah, Balla: Allow me to add my maximum respect for your eloquence...very fitting , wery well done. And thanks for sharing another of Kahlil Gibran's gems with us, for both he and Courtney have in common the ability to inspire and enlighten those touched by them.

Peter
              Peter R

Comment

Excellent!! A very good tribute to Livi. The Big Man touched us all. Thanks Balla and Mosiah.

The addition of the Khalil Gibran words was a touch of class.

Livi Shall Never Walk Alone.
                "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Excellent tribute! ...which I heard was delivered in an excellent manner by Balla.

Thanks to Mosiah and Balla! Unnuh represent good-good! Respek!

Walk good, Mankine!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Top notch guys! Well done! Courtney would have been proud. - T.K.
                    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

ooohh..Mosiah..that tribute was so touching and beautiful. Well done.

Portia

Comment

<DIV>Thanks, P! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>And thanks. I'm "happy" that you liked it. The whole thing is still so tuff to comprehend and...well...let's just be thankful every day for life, doing good along the way.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Now, how do I block JB's posts dem again?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Oh, Miss P, thanks for that avatar, since mi almost figget how yuh look! </DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

excellent!!!

more love, more strength and more prosperity to all courtney's family and friends.
                          Blessed Love

Comment

True Mosiah. We gotta live everyday grateful to be alive and healthy.It still hasn't sunk in that Courtney is gone.

I still cannot come to grips there will be no more "his" steadfast beliefs and opinions (which I now fondly look back on, and will surely miss); no more of his sassy sharpness "putting me my place" while I raise his blood pressure levels, only to turn around and offer him 'camomile tea" to calm his nerves. I cannot begin to imaginehim silent, lifeless andlying under the earth. I realize this is a bit graphic, but those are the graphic images that run across my mind every night before I close my eyes. All due to disbelief.

I might not post anymore, but I do read the forum daily.. I guess I should say..welcome to my 'read only crew' Mankind!!

Comment

Mosiah &amp; Balla,

Beautiful tribute. Unuh represent us well!!
                              β€œLife is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                              X