Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Brilliant Half Time Show

Well, it fizzled.

The stadium lights were switched off, leaving only the exit lights. Spaced around the stadium were 6 large screens that displayed the happenings on the field, as strobes, laser and search lights crisscrossed the stands and the stanchions. Truly an amazing sight at the Office!

And what was the happenings on the field? Well, Beenie Man, self-proclaimed King of Dancehall, graced the family affair with Nuh Gal Cyaan Siddung Pon Mi Head! He was roundly booed and then countered with some message to his "true" fans. Please! If he still can't learn after the "green arm" affair of 20 years ago, then when will he?!?

Then it was Junior Reid's turn as he belted out This Is Why I'm Hot!

The whole thing looked like some Super Bowl production but I wonder how expensive it must have been to warm back up those megabulbs!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Then it was Junior Reid's turn as he belted out This Is Why I'm Hot!
    Suh Jr Reid have a version of This is why I'm hot? Does it sound like the rap version by MEM?
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I understand it is a remix with MIMS and Cham. It sounds very much like the hip-hop version but with a distinct reggae feel. It almost sound like a it a di original!

So, Tilla, is which rock you live under why you never hear dat deh remix?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

MEM - now thats funny

Mims has Jamaican roots you know

On March 27, 2007, Mims released his debut album, Music Is My Savior. The album marked the first release on his American King Music label. The album's sales were propelled by the hit single "This Is Why I'm Hot", panned by some and praised by others for its simple, catchy chorus. There are also three other singles from the album "Its Alright", "Like This", and "Without You". Guest appearances come from J. Holiday, Bun B, Seed, Letoya Luckett, Cham, Junior Reid, and Purple Popcorn.

Comment

Mem or MIMs, I did not know he had Jamaican roots. Secondly, did Junior Reid write that song or he only used it. I see Mosiah say it is a remix.

Thanks for the info. Duly noted.
          Last edited by Tilla; March 27, 2008, 01:25 PM.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Frankly, I have been listening to the reggae channel of Sirus Satelite Radio recently. I hear a lot of music by different people, but I have not heard Jr. Reid on that one.

Comment

what about maximus dan who sang soca warriors

Comment

Junior Reid performed on the remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1-WW...eature=related

Comment

i, along with a whole heap a people, used the opportunity to relieve ourselves. sorry i missed him!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    Well, Beenie Man, self-proclaimed King of Dancehall, graced the family affair with Nuh Gal Cyaan Siddung Pon Mi Head! He was roundly booed and then countered with some message to his "true" fans. Please! If he still can't learn after the "green arm" affair of 20 years ago, then when will he?!?
                    Stop tell lie di KING cyaan get boo

Comment

who name maximumdan?
                      President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

he is the guy that sang soca warriors ... mosiah just ah lie him know plenty jamaicans would be jumping to the song

Comment

and what is it with your national anthem?!? the last time i heard something similar was at my grandma's funeral! that has got to be the worst anthem on the planet! and, like ours, it just kept going and going!

drone!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yes our anthem sounds better on steelpan

Comment

hope to God, because that dirge almost put me to sleep!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X