No announcement yet.

Open unnu eyes people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys Town, Village, Arnett, Waterhouse...stop me anytime!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Boys Town, Village, Arnett, Waterhouse...stop me anytime!
      If you are going to start mentioning Boys Town, Village and the current Arnett for their quality then the trinis can certainly call other teams outside of the big three as quality teams. They have just as many quality teams in their league as we do.

Comment

No, they can't, but I certainly won't be entering into any back and forth with you.

Just one last question, when was the last time a team other than the big trini 3 won their league?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No team outside the big 3 winning their league doesn't mean they don't have other quality teams. BT win the league recently? Village?

BT and Village are no better than Caledonia, Defence Force or North East Stars (who won the league a few years ago 2004 or 2005).

When last Liverpool win them league?

Comment

Tivoli, Waterhouse, Portmore, HVFC, Arnett Gardens - all those have won the league in recent times.

Me, mi not going to argue bout dis. I have not seen the T&T league live, but everyone I have spoken to tells me what I just told you, and the evidence speaks for itself.

As for all those fancy stadia, if unnu tink wi nuh have spectators, try the T&T so-called professional league! But dem know how fi run off di ball doh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I know they don't have spectators. Them worst than we when it come to being waggonost supporters. i have watched some of their games and I see most teams there attempting to play team football. Their worst two teams may be just as bad as ours or a little worse.

At the end of the day the majority of the teams I am seeing are playing ball in a way that a scout can watch and not see too much circus and canefield behavior. Sameway quite a few CPPL teams can beat H. View but the majority of their players would not fit into the Intl game over their H. View counterpart.

We have five teams that have won the league in recent times and they have four.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                Look on all a the team them around us and see how them a bring them youngsters. Haiti have a bag a youngsters. Trinidad giving the youngsters them a run. US have included Altidore etc. Mexico have De Santos and others.

Now Simoes give a few 20 year old and a teenager a run and unnu a gwaan so? We expect fi full up our roster with 28 year old men. As Simoes say him can't teach old man new tricks, him a give the youth them a run because while they may not be the best there is a bigger room for improvement and if he can get about 5 a them who a step up to the plate we will be bigtime. At least based on what Mosiah say Woodbine step up and we have Austin already. Over the next few weeks we need about 3 more to step up.

Do you thing Mr.Simoes
                Is it those teams are GIVING the youngsters a run...

...or...

...the youngsters by performances are DEMANDING via COMPETENCE a place in those TEAMs?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

to be a 17 year old and playing senior usually is a combination of both. It is always possible you can find a player better than a 17 year old but the talent level will quickly surpass that on the senior level.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    to be a 17 year old and playing senior usually is a combination of both. It is always possible you can find a player better than a 17 year old but the talent level will quickly surpass that on the senior level.
                    Massa: There is an U-21 international match on FSC right at this minute. Go over there and see how youngsters DESERVING of being on those TEAMs are being developed!

They get these opportunities CONSISTENTLY!
                    If there is one deserving as say a LENNON or a Theo WALCOTT he forces self into the SENIOR TEAM. ...and if after forcing self in does not cut it as has LENNON and WALCOTT they are dropped IMMEDIATELY. An eye is kept on them...and others and there may come a time when once again they FORCE THEMSELVES in the ENGLAND TEAM...but they are never GIVEN a chance! The selection they get is DESERVED!

So it must be with our players! What nonsense is it about 'gifting' a chance? They must EARN that call!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

yeah but who better Lennon or Becks?

Lennon have potential and talent that it right now.

You see the under 21 match? How many a them deserving to you?

Most 17 year old players get pick based on talent and not "deserving" as you would want htem to believe.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                        I agree with the exposure argument. I've been harping on that for sometime now. But honestly I was NOT impressed with Woodbine nor Lionpaw's fav striker James Thomas.

They need some more games under their belt so im not going to write them off yet, but I wasnt impressed with either one. The biggest drawback that Simoes has working against him right now is time.
                        Thomas almost scored Trini bwoy. He took a shot form 35 yards out that dipped viciously. The trini keeper read it well though.

Comment

Working...
                        X