Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolton 2 Arsenal0

Diaby gets a red card, a deserved one
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Fabregas targets Old Trafford for title revival

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas insists Arsenal can beat Manchester United at Old Trafford and claim the Premier League crown.

The Gunners led the table by five points last month but a run of five games without a win has badly hurt their title bid and they now trail United by six points.

Arsene Wenger's side face a tough fortnight with three games against Liverpool in a week followed by the trip to face United on April 13.

Last weekend's 2-1 defeat by Chelsea saw the Blues push Arsenal down to third, but Fabregas believes there can be another twist in an enthralling season.

'If we want to win the league we cannot lose any more points,' he told The Sun. 'We have to think positive.

'We have to believe we can do it. Whatever happens we fight to the end - that is what we are recognised for. We can change things.

'Man United have to go to Chelsea and we're going to Old Trafford to win. Of course we can win there. We did it last season and we've done it a few times in recent years so why not this time?'
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Its now 2-2

Gallas from a corner and Van Persie penalty
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

congrats to Arsenal
        Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
        Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Keep u Rhaazz congrats, as Mike Yard would say

Originally posted by Yuttie View Post
          congrats to Arsenal
          Poosey HOLE SIDDUNG!!!

Comment

Bolton 2-3 Arsenal

Bolton 2-3 Arsenal

By Ian Hughes

Fbregas's shot was turned in by Samuel to hand Arsenal victory

Arsenal hung on in the title race by coming from 2-0 down to beat Bolton despite Abou Diaby's sending off.

Matthew Taylor headed Bolton in front from a cross by Gretar Steinsson, who was later clattered by Diaby and the referee produced a straight red.

Taylor's deflected drive doubled the lead before William Gallas volleyed home to cut the deficit.

Robin Van Persie made it 2-2 with a penalty and Arsenal won it when Jlloyd Samuel put through his own net late on.

It was a remarkable turnaround, as for large spells Arsenal failed to cope with the driving rain, slippery pitch and Bolton's greater desire.

Kolo Toure, playing at right-back because Bacary Sagna is out injured, looked a shadow of his normal self - and even Cesc Fabregas looked shockingly out of sorts in midfield.

Bolton, by contrast, were focused on their task and punished some slack defending when Taylor rose unchallenged to thump home a header from Steinsson's excellent delivery out on the right touchline.

Further evidence of Arsenal's lack of concentration came when Diaby produced a foul throw, but if that was comedy of sorts, there was nothing funny about the Frenchman's challenge on Steinsson which followed.

He slid in and clearly planted studs on Steinsson's standing leg at ankle height, and was given his marching orders by referee Chris Foy.

Down to 10 men, Arsenal needed to hit back quickly and almost snatched an equaliser when Toure's shot deflected off Gallas and skidded narrowly wide.

The Gunners were rocked when Matthieu Flamini hesitated on the edge of the box, the ball found its way to Taylor and his side-foot shot arrowed into the corner via Gallas's ankle.

Game over, it seemed - and the end of Arsenal's fading title hopes, but then everything changed as on the hour mark Arsenal woke up, and Bolton went to sleep.

From Fabregas's corner, Gallas stole in completely unmarked at the far post to volley in and hand Arsenal a lifeline they had barely deserved.

They were level six minutes later, however, when Van Persie crashed in from the penalty spot after Gary Cahill brought down Hleb.

Van Persie had a chance to win it for Arsenal after substitute Theo Walcott cut the ball back to him but the Dutchman fired high and wide from 12 yards.

But he was not to rue his miss as Arsenal managed to scramble a victory when Fabregas's shot was deflected twice, the final touch off the unfortunate Samuel, and keeper Ali Al Habsi could not keep it out.

Bolton boss Gary Megson:
            "I don't feel unlucky. Angry isn't the right word because we are all angry with ourselves.

"That result today was a result which came from committing suicide.

"We just fell apart from 64 minutes. We gifted them the first goal, and the second goal was poor. And then we started to panic a little bit."

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger:
            "I am very proud of our performance. The first half we didn't play badly but everything went against us. "Their first shot on target was a goal, we had a player sent off and just before half-time they score a second.

"But we did absolutely everything to win the game and we got a very important victory for us.

"I was not upset with the sending-off of Diaby because his foot was a bit high.

"I feel it was more a protective tackle than an aggressive one but he was too high - I don't complain."

BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match: Bolton's Matthew Taylor 8.09 (on 90 minutes).
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X