Y'all need to listen !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y'all need to listen !!!

I posted the following several weeks ago.

Naminart who appears not to be confined to box-thinking-and-mentality -- recycled my post a few days ago:

TITLE: The other day I wrote that Jamaica needs more UB-40

Some of the more idealistic forumites-- (you know yourselves) shudder at the thought.

It's reasonable to conclude that CONCACAF has 1.5 places available for WC 2010. Mexico and the US has the first 2 spots.

Irrespective of the so-called stars that are availabe locally--they cannot perform internationally in my opinion. Jamaica therefore needs help. Help from new UB-40 doning the national colors.

(I can see some folks squirming at the thought ).
    Last edited by HL; April 3, 2008, 10:38 AM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Nuh worry yuhself HL. Simoes already aware of that. http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...42&postcount=1
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

That's 'eggs-actly' the artricle that I just read lazie.

Lazie, some folks ( like Assasin, Rockman, Gamma, Mosiah, Karl and others.....) seem to think that the term: Talent is synonymous with Technical Ability).

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post

Lazie, some folks ( like Assasin, Rockman, Gamma, Mosiah, Karl and others.....) seem to think that the term: Talent is synonymous with Technical Ability).
        Well, I had a few run ins with ppl like Karl who believes the myth that there is an abundance of talent in Jamaica.

After reading that article I think Simoes gonna change the slogan on his shirt to UB40 saves.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Any RATIO with local "talent" on the pitch > 8:2 won't werk.

HL

Comment

whe you a call mi name fa?

Wait Simoes nuh fi look pon any talent inna Jamaica? Simoes say anywhere the talent is him a go look on it.

Simoes say him want man fi come run boat and live inna the same house not hotels. We want good UB40 not Rucks UB40s. I bet you Simoes nuh bring in no more than 3 or so English players.

The fact is there is some talent in Ja, there is some in the US and some in England. Talent is not only in the EPL. If we follow unnu with the little talent we have rot pon street inna Jamaica.
            Last edited by Assasin; April 3, 2008, 10:46 AM.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

glad yuh seh "seem" .... talent with technical ability is optimal.....technical ability without talent or vice versa gets you to a glass ceiling.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Naminart who appears not to be confined to box-thinking-and-mentality -- recycled my post a few days ago:

Some of the more idealistic forumites-- (you know yourselves) shudder at the thought.

It's reasonable to conclude that CONCACAF has 1.5 places available for WC 2010. Mexico and the US has the first 2 spots.

Irrespective of the so-called stars that are availabe locally--they cannot perform internationally in my opinion. Jamaica therefore needs help. Help from new UB-40 doning the national colors.

Just to say the USA is ripe for the taking...in the Hex!!!! ...yup we should have excellent TEAM then...
                ...but we have to get to the HEX first!
                Still not convinced we can get there!
                Right now mi a
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I think you missed it!
                  There can be no TOP OF THE WORLD TEAM without good technical ability! does that help!

...and YEEEESSSSS! (shout it loud enough, Lazie?) talent abounds!

...it is development of talent that crawls behind!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

...and YEEEESSSSS! (shout it loud enough, Lazie?) talent abounds!

...it is development of talent that crawls behind!
                    Karl, I'm fully aware that there are those of you that actually believed that the cow jumped over the moon. Gwaan believe the myth.

Comment

Naminart who appears not to be confined to box-thinking-and-mentality-- recycled my post a few days ago:

U know that Naminirt was being sarcastic right?

Comment

Is there a term for a satirical wit that is actually true?

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                          Well, I had a few run ins with ppl like Karl who believes the myth that there is an abundance of talent in Jamaica.

After reading that article I think Simoes gonna change the slogan on his shirt to UB40 saves.
                          Jamaica does have an abundance of talent! What is lacking is the tools, processes, infastructure etc to develop and harness the talent.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
                            Jamaica does have an abundance of talent! What is lacking is the tools, processes, infastructure etc to develop and harness the talent.

heheheheheh .... really?

Comment

Working...
                            X