Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barcelona open to offers for Henry

Soccernet

Barcelona are open to offers of around £16million for striker Thierry Henry, according to reports in the English press.
    Henry, who left Arsenal to join the Spanish champions in the summer, has struggled to settle at the Nou Camp due to personal problems and a number of clubs are lined up to bring him back to the Premier League.
    The 30-year-old striker has publicly stated that he misses his daughter, Téa, who still lives in London with her mother Claire Merry and this has lead to a number of tentative enquiries for the former Gunner.
    Chelsea head the queue for the France international but Manchester City, Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United are also interested.
    'If we receive a proposition then we will speak to the player,' a Barcelona source told the Daily Star. 'We have not opened the door for Henry and we have not closed it.'
    Henry's contract with Barcelona runs until 2011.
    • Meanwhile, Brazilian forward Ronaldinho is not looking for a move away from Barcelona, his brother and agent Roberto de Assis has said.
    After being seen in England and Italy recently, De Assis wanted to play down the significance of his visits.
    'My work is connected with the world of football and it is usual for me to travel and talk about personal matters when I think it is necessary,' he said in an interview with Don Balon.
    'Ronaldinho has a contract until 2010 and I am not looking for anything.'
    Media speculation has linked the Brazil forward with possible moves to AC Milan, Chelsea and Manchester City among others.
    Local media have reported Barca are looking to offload the former World Player of the Year, who has only started 13 of the side's 31 league matches this season. Under-fire Barca president Joan Laporta has denied the reports.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X