Licky Licky Obi is a disgrace says Nigerian football official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licky Licky Obi is a disgrace says Nigerian football official

Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel has been branded a disgrace for his attitude towards the Nigerian national team.

Mikel, 19, missed Nigeria's African Nations Cup qualifier against Lesotho on Saturday due to visa problems, but the Nigerian Football Association (NFA) are furious with the player's lack of commitment to his country.

NFA board member Peter Singabele claims Mikel, who joined English champions Chelsea for 16 million pounds from Norwegian club Lyn Oslo in pre-season, was late informing them of his availability and has no respect for the team.

Singabele told the London Evening Standard: "I have always believed that every young player that wants to make it big in football has to take national assignments seriosuly.

"He has decided to ignore this, thinking Chelsea would be his last bus stop. The more he continues to shun national calls, the more he loses relevance and respect."

Singabele believes Mikel should follow the example set by the likes of Portsmouth's Nwankwo Kanu and Everton Joseph Yobo, who are both committed to Nigeria despite hectic club schedules.

Singabele added: "Players like Kanu and Yobo, who have seen it all in the English Premiership, were in South Africa with the team.

"That was what I wanted to see Mikel do, but he has chosen the other way which leads to disgrace."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Licky Licky Obi is a disgrace says Nigerian football official

Tell mi something new. The likkle biotch has nothing about him.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Box dem yes Lazie! To be fair though until these African Nations start taking their programs seriously they cannot expect players to take them serious. As talented as the African players are their federations still do them absolutely no justice on the administration side. - T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

ha ha ha This is why I cant afford to be your enemy....:P:w00t::P
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Yeah Sickko.....I had to take it to the sound clash level because it looks like the entire forum has had it out for me the last couple of weeks. I am just giving notice that mi ago murda dat and escape inna mi bronco......badman kill fi fun nuh perplex mi gun..... - T.K.

Comment

Is this Ninja man??????
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Haha.....LOL! You can call me theResident Ninjamanfrom here on out......Ninjaman....greatest clash DJ of all time. He is so far on another level there is not even a 2nd place to rhatid. The rest have to fight for 3rd place as Ninja's accomplishments take up the first two places on the list. Super Cat....dead......Shabba.....dead.....Buju dead......All a dem a talk about don seh nuff a dem a donovan....all a dem a talk'bout don dem neva know Ninjaman.....Classics man....classics.... - T.K.

Comment

T.K. (10/12/2006)Box dem yes Lazie! To be fair though until these African Nations start taking their programs seriously they cannot expect players to take them serious. As talented as the African players are their federations still do them absolutely no justice on the administration side. - T.K.
                Yes you are apsalutely correct, the Nigerian officials have some serious issues to remedy I have known a couple of players from Nigeria who talks about corruption and mis-aproperation of funds, player purse abuse and other bad business in their country, notice how they fell from grace.

Comment

If events had turned differently you would be singing his praises

let go and let live

Comment

Thats a big 'if'. If you notice the article didn't have my views, a him own country man say it.

Comment

Working...
                    X